• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Character Creation cheat in CMV3?

rockbox

Landlubber
hey guys, i posted in the Combined Mod official thread but i wasnt sure if that was the right place to post so i posted here as well.

im playing the combined mod and i was looking in the RPGutilite text file and i noticed i can no longer edit a single characters starting P.I.R.A.T.E.S. stats or skills. for all i know atleast..

it gives the general character type: corsair,adventurer,etc. but i want to edit JUST Peter Blood or also JUST the Antonio De Soto player.. is this possible?
thanks for all the work on this mod,we've waited a long time for this!

hey guys, i posted in the Combined Mod official thread but i wasnt sure if that was the right place to post so i posted here as well.

im playing the combined mod and i was looking in the RPGutilite text file and i noticed i can no longer edit a single characters starting P.I.R.A.T.E.S. stats or skills. for all i know atleast..

it gives the general character type: corsair,adventurer,etc. but i want to edit JUST Peter Blood or also JUST the Antonio De Soto player.. is this possible?
thanks for all the work on this mod,we've waited a long time for this!

That was never possible even in the original COAS game. Since the story starts are made like this. Each character is given a number with Peter Blood beeing number 1. In the code the game checks what number you have selected. So if you choose Peter Blood you get a number 1 and in that case you get the Peter Blood start story. If the number is anything other than 1 you get the default migrane on a ship start thats there for all the other chars. Never were you able to change a persons stats thouigh since the persons stats are generated by what you choose. Meaning a Peter Blood corsair has the exact same P.I.R.A.T.E.S. stats as a corsair Antonio. Its all in what you select that gives you the stats. And the vanilla game stats all equal in 42 points that you can rearange at the beginning of the game either on the plantation wher Pit talks to you or if you select the option "I want to check myself" when the guy is talking to you on the deck of the ship in the alternative start.

But you can not edit characters starting stats based on what character you choose since the game simply doesnt have that option in the code. The only way for you to do that would be to make your own function and have it affect the stats based on what character number is selected. As said Peter blood being 1 and so on.

Thank you Megla for your detailed explanation.i figured out i just had a brain fart.thats not what i wanted to do anyway haha

Officerpuppy,how do i do this?

As far as i recall from POTC build mod. There is a console.c file that gets executed when you press a certain button.

Now i know for sure there is a console.c file in the CM modpack. Add the code for changing your rating in there. What the button is for CM i dont know :s

Another thing you can do is to go to the RPGUtilite.c and find the following line of code.

ch.skill.freeskill = 0;

Change it to a number and you will have that many additional PIRATES skill points ready to use.

With additional i mean free points you can spend to boost your PIRATES rating in addition to the start rating that you get from choosing a profession.

If you dont want everything maxed out thats easy to. Simply dont use up all the points when you set them and close the window. Now i didnt try if you can re asign them later if you leave spare points or not, but i think that you get what you set up at the beginning.

This will offcourse change the start for ALL characters. Regardles of who you choose they will all have that many spare points ready to be spent.

It was a long time since i added the line for the console but i think its F12, let me check, ok sorry its F4.

To allow the debug window go to game directory, Program == _mod_on_off.H and change this line of code.

Code:
#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE			"OFF"  // On -DEV version; Test - TST ver; Off - relize

So it looks like this.

Code:
#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE			"on"  // On -DEV version; Test - TST ver; Off - relize

Thats it, now load your game, if you have control praoblems then go into options and set the controls to default and then go back to the game. Your controls will work again. If you want you can go back to the options screen and change any controls you had set yourself. Now press F11 (i think or F12) to open the debug window. Click on which ever tab you want for the cheat to work, i think F2 gives you money 50k a time, F5 gives you skill points or something like that. It does tell you what each button does. Don't hit the ok button use the red cross to close the debug window.

Back