• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Character Models Discussion

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Graphics are all straightened out. Best resolution on my system is 1920x1200 and everything is perfect.

1. The only thing I have noticed in 2.4 is the new chatacters appear to be headless when you enter into dialouge with them .

2. On the period conversersation: I think adjusting the standard stoy line forward makes sense to match up the ships.

3. On uniforms, except for a few Marines Naval vessels were not crewed by soldiers as we all know so having the national ships filled with soldiers should be looked at and I am pretty sure merchants ships of any nation nevera had all these soldiers on them.

1. They came from AoP or CoAS and those games don't use head models. So we either drop those character models altogether or we'll have them be headless. :shrug

3. Technically, you're right of course. It has been that way since the stock game though. We'd have to look into changing that, but indeed it would make sense.
We might have some British Royal Navy sailors we could use, but definitely not for any other nations.
I'll put it on my to-do list. And then we'd have to test it out to see if it all looks to be matching up somewhat correctly and there is a great enough variety still.

Those new characters also look wierd when they are walking with your party; stretchy arm movements odd body posture, rubbery.

I did notice their animation being a bit on the... odd side. Does anyone else have any thoughts on those character models?
Do we want them? Or not so much? Toggle them off again? Remove them altogether?

So... what does everyone think on those Corsairs III character models?

:shrug They walk strangely like their shoulders are broken. As near as I can tell it looks like the pivot points for their shoulders are too close together, which makes their hands stick out too far and makes them walk like penguins. I think they might behave oddly on stairs too.
Overall it would be nice to have them but they need some work. Right now the stock POTC characters are better.

I don't think anyone is available to do any work on them. In that case, I'm inclined to just remove all of them, except those used for quest purposes here and there.

I'm marking this as "solved". All CIII characters are being removed from the modpack, except for those used for specific quest purposes.

Back