• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Character not rotating or walking

n19th

Landlubber
Hi there,

As described in the faq, when changing the model of the ship and starting a new game, for some reason the charater seems to lose the ability to walk around the cabin. i.e i cannot rotate or walk forwards or backwards, but sidestep still works.
The only way to fix this is to return the ship model to its original lugger_VML.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

:ahoy
It says in the FAQ that it does not work in the standard storyline. But there is another way.

Go to: Your POTC folder --->program--->console.c. There you can choose your starting ship and player. Here is a screenie of what I changed to give myself the HMS Centurion which I renamed to the Glasgow.
change ship.jpg

The only storyline for which it doesn't work is the Jack Sparrow one, because any changed ship model is being overridden for story purposes.
The Standard one was adapted to work with different models AAAAAGES ago. What ship model are you trying to use?

Thanks for the replies:)
yup its the standard storyline im using and the same problem on various ships. So far ive tried the pearl, dutchman and the revenge (also with various character models) but it still seems only sidestepping works.

Ive changed my controls to left mouse button to walk forwards if thats any help?

Back