• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Character Skeleton

Boris LMG

Landlubber
After playing around with Inez Dias I've come upon a stumbling block. I have almost no idea how to modify the skeleton. I've decided to work with one of the Spanish priest models and in game the model looks fine. The problem is if I make it a hero model or if I choose 'cycle animations' it looks like jelly. I know you can bind a character and modify the skeleton but no idea how to stop this jelly-like quality. I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction since whenever I attempt to change the skeleton the model becomes deformed:oops:

After playing around with Inez Dias ....... I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction since whenever I attempt to change the skeleton the model becomes deformed:oops:

Have you looked at this post --->>> http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-edit-models.11485/

It is not very clear as it has been imported from a older version of the forum.

Also in the POTC Game's documentation folder - look at the file - New Horizons Tutorials & History --- there is a section on Inez Diaz Tool ( at page 115 ) which might have some information that helps ( the bit about Character Import ).

Hope this is of some use.

:read

Damski is the one who knows the most about fancy character work. You can try sending him a PM, though he isn't around much anymore these days.

Hi,

I'm still around, worry not Pieter, but not that active ATM......I'll help all I can though.
You'll never get what you want using Tool,.....that's not Inez's fault either, Tool can't reproduce fine skin weighting .
The only proper way is using Maya 4.5 or 5.

Anyway...in Tool select the character,.. use the raise arms option in the drop down menu > unbind > save....do what you intended.
Reload your modified model & bind it in the raised arms position & that's as good as it gets, you may have to unbind in raised arm position again,...adjust the height & mess about with it to reduce some distortions & bind it again....the hands will not be animated ever though using Tool.
Send me the files you worked with, I'll have a look to see what's going wrong for you.

If you want to learn properly using Maya I'll help you.

Cheers
damski.

Back