• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Planned Feature Characters created after init take long to load

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
I just killed an item trader. Game hang for quite some time before the enemies were triggered after that.
While there was always a notable delay there, it seems worse now than it was.

I just killed an item trader. Game hang for quite some time before the enemies were triggered after that.
While there was always a notable delay there, it seems worse now than it was.
it's because the character has to go trough the complete init while created.
I noticed this too.
will look into it. the fix I posted in my topic should help a little already but still seems to have some problems.
I might just add them to post init and run post init once they are created so on when they walk towards you they are still leveling up :p.

I might just add them to post init and run post init once they are created so on when they walk towards you they are still leveling up :p.
Sounds like a plan.
Jason's example was pretty bad for it too since the enemies get generated WHILE you're trying to loot a trader.

Is this to do with enemies created using 'LAi_CreateFantomCharacter'? What will happen if you arrange for them to level up while they're walking towards you and someone else starts attacking them before they get to you?

Is this to do with enemies created using 'LAi_CreateFantomCharacter'? What will happen if you arrange for them to level up while they're walking towards you and someone else starts attacking them before they get to you?
it has to do with enemies created later in a location. so trough a piece of questcode which is triggered once the location is completly loaded already for example.

What would happen is, is that they still level up trough the fight.
It should only take 1 or 2 second to completly initialize a character, but because everything is running already it might take a bit longer. but normally they should be completly initialized long before they reach you. and else you are just lucky :p.

Try killing a guard in godmode and see if you can notice any lag. I can't
Or the test to end all tests there: Kill an item trader!
Killing a soldier = 2 enemies will be generated. Killing an item trader = max number of extra characters are generated. :wp

Or the test to end all tests there: Kill an item trader!
Killing a soldier = 2 enemies will be generated. Killing an item trader = max number of extra characters are generated. :wp

I'd say this isn't bad ;)

"This video is private".

Anyway, I think we've already established that for whatever reason, your computer seems to be less affected by any performance issues than mine.

"This video is private".

Anyway, I think we've already established that for whatever reason, your computer seems to be less affected by any performance issues than mine.
Oops wrong option :p. Now its just hidden.

Quick test: Still not stellar performance, but doesn't seem worse than it was.
Moved to Testing List for others to provide feedback.

Only if you get a full squadron of guards this might cause some lag if you want i could Change the function a bit so it runs paralell (using postevent) so that should reduce the lag even more.

As far as I'm concerned, you can consider that change a "Feature Request" for some time later when you don't have other things to finish.
It didn't seem worse than it was before the Levelling system and I wouldn't want to risk any new stuff being broken while trying to improve on it with PostEvent. :facepalm

Back