• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cheat God Mode

marrbodude

Sailor Apprentice
Hi! I'm new here. Just brought the game today real hard but fun.
I die to easy so i went looking for cheat god mode. I found it and
enable it without using the debug menu. Now with god mode on i took
out my rage on the french i kill the french left and right. Great Game :)

Can anyone tell me which gov. quest is fun to do? Thanks

Hi! I'm new here. Just brought the game today real hard but fun.
I die to easy so i went looking for cheat god mode. I found it and
enable it without using the debug menu. Now with god mode on i took
out my rage on the french i kill the french left and right. Great Game :)

Can anyone tell me which gov. quest is fun to do? Thanks

The quest where you don't use the god mode:)

Harr! xD: Some o' de NPC's have god mode, so it only be fair, right matey?! :huh

Ah, but then you're two immortals locked in an epic battle until judgement day and the trumpets sound. :woot
Or you could surrender...

Having said that I agree with Handel, once you have leveled up a fair bit try it without god mode ;)

Ah, but then you're two immortals locked in an epic battle until judgement day and the trumpets sound. :woot
Or you could surrender...

Now where have i heard that from. :rolleyes:

Its a line i like of Jack's in POTC Curse Of The Blck Pearl. :will

The problem with both yourself and an AI ship been imortal is your masts can still be destroyed but your crew are also expendable since only yourself and the ships hull are imortal. Bad news i know, without the masts you can't sail away and you can't board as a last ditch attemp at winning the battle and if you run out of ammo and can't sail to a port so you'll have to play a game like who can do the most 360's in 1 game hour while you hope someone comes along to help tow you in, oops just remembered you'll be waiting a very long time for that since no ships are generated after entering sailing mode and even if they was they can't tow other ships. :modding

Yep Maggee's tactic would be the only one left for you. Good luck, :wp

Welcome to the forums yellow-dog!!!

Aye, CoAS can be difficult when you are just beginning. If you figured out how to enable god mode you may be able to easily install some mods that can help with the difficulty and add to the gameplay.

These guys are all giving you a tough time about using god-mode, but I have added some mods that make my game easier.
The mods and fixes that I currently use are:

No food/No Rats edit
More CoAS Ships, Characters, and the Combined pic.
Bug fixes base and bug fixes for the ships
Colonial Schooner cannon fix
Better looting mod
Quest lookout mod
Where are my ships mod
Companion Ball Choice mod
Space to talk mod
JC Intro mod
Lai Guardian and Patrol fix
No Crew Limit Capture mod

These mods can all be found in threads in the modding discussion boards for CoAS. I highly recommend that you try some, especially the No Crew Limit Capture mod. The mods make my game easier, add content, and remove some of the bugs in the game. You may have to start a new game when you install them, but it is worth it!!

As far as quests go I cant give you much advice. Each nation has governor and governor-general quests that you can complete. There are also many side quests to keep you busy. If you get stuck on a quest check the walkthroughs in the CoAS gameplay and tips boards or post a question. Good Luck!!!

Thanks Stowaway for the welcome. :)

Oh that ok let the guy have there fun. I guess i
didn't made myself clear when i say said i was killing
french left and right in god mode. I was only testing
to see if it work. I read in the forum that you can turn
on god mode by enabling the debug mode. Well i did it
without enabling the debug mode.

At for the mods i have check to see if there was any
before i brought the game. Thanks for the heads up.

Now if i can find a mod to made the game more harder.
1- No ship for sale in shipyard only repair.
2- No bigger cannon for sale only got by looting beaten ship
3- No small arms for sale only got by looting fallen body or chests.

Now the would be nice. The only draw back in the game is
you have to do a nation quest before you can captive one dumb town.
Well i guess i go work for the underdog the dutch.

Yeah, having to complete the general-governors mission in order to capture colonies is a major drawback in this game for me too. As for making the game harder you can increase your games difficulty level and the level which you gain experience. I dont think there are any mods regarding the shipyards not selling ships or cannons, and the vendors not selling weapons. You could just use your own Ironman rules and not buy new ships, weapons, or cannons. That would definatley make the game harder.

If you are unfamiliar with adding mods to your game just ask here on the forums. Whats cool about the Pirates Ahoy Modding Community is that you can generally talk to the modders themselves who would probably be happy to give you a walkthrough on how to install their mods. I have been adding mods to improve my games for many years now, but I knew virtually nothing when I first stated. Anyway, good luck with your game!!!

Yes there are alot of really good mods, more ships makes the game a little more challanging and fun, there are mods that will help increase the games features like telling your companions which shot type you wish them to load. Most of the mods Stowaway has installed i do too and i would imagine most of the people who have seen them do aswell. As for making the game harder, the mod i'm working on will make it harder to capture ships but at the same time it makes available new cannons/calibures, and unlocks some that was previously in the game but you couldn't buy or use them. If you visit this thread Real Time Battle Light you can read up on the mod, you will also have the ability to install all the current ships that have been ported over from POTC by myself and other's.

If thats not the mod your after then you can ask and someone will help answer your questions, my biggest advice to you you is read the tutorials, don't be affraid to ask even if the question sounds dumb and alway's back your files up before making a single edit. And good luck because what sounds easy can be harder than you think. :onya

It is true the game is extremely badly balanced. It is ridiculously hard in the beginning with no learning curve at all and you can easily get quest which are impossible to be done before lvl 30+. At the same time once you get the Pro-cannoneer perk (or an officer with that perk) the sea battles become a joke.

What I hate in the beginning is not being able to hit a damn thing with my ships cannons. Later on the game becomes too easy because the enemy ships dont seem to be able to hit your ship with their poor accuracy. I wonder if the Russian version of the game is harder, where the enemy NPCs gain levels along with the character.

To capture a town you must beat the fort. Is it a bug when i attack
the fort by land the solder don't die off they keep on coming. When
i attack it by sea i kill all the solder that are there that it i
get to enter the town. But by land it never end more replacement appear
to take the place of the fallen. I got so low on my health point i have
to turn on god mode and run for the hill.

Now its easier that I'm at level 15 not that easy to kill. Thank to the head hunter
that come for my head.

To capture a town you must beat the fort. Is it a bug when i attack
the fort by land the solder don't die off they keep on coming. When
i attack it by sea i kill all the solder that are there that it i
get to enter the town. But by land it never end more replacement appear
to take the place of the fallen. I got so low on my health point i have
to turn on god mode and run for the hill.

Now its easier that I'm at level 15 not that easy to kill. Thank to the head hunter
that come for my head.

When you attack by land you need the perk land assault, when your near the gates press enter and select the laund groud assault or what ever its called, you will be attacked outside the gates then when thats over go into the town to figh more gaurds, once they are dead visit the govener to get your reward and loot him of what ever you want., not sure you can actually capture a town this way though, i think you have take out the fort with your ship, because when you assault the town via land battle you get the message from the govener his troops from the fort will be here soon.

What I hate in the beginning is not being able to hit a damn thing with my ships cannons. Later on the game becomes too easy because the enemy ships dont seem to be able to hit your ship with their poor accuracy. I wonder if the Russian version of the game is harder, where the enemy NPCs gain levels along with the character.

It has addtional difficulty slider which for us is set to 1 (easiest). It can be put manually up to 10.

OH that how you do a land attack.Thanks. Its look like you can't
loot the fort like in potc for some easy money.The solder keep respawning.
Well there go my ticket for some easy money and some loot items.

It has addtional difficulty slider which for us is set to 1 (easiest). It can be put manually up to 10.

I wonder why it is not in the US version? Maybe there is a way to add it?

I started a new game at a higher difficulty and fighting the NPCs is tough but it will only become easier once I gain some skills and abilities. If the NPCs gain levels as I do then the game will remain challenging throughout the game. lol, of course then I would really need to be savescumming as every fight would be very difficult.

Back