• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler Cheats (Build 14)

Anyone know how to remove the prerequisite of the Brace of four Horse Pistols? I want to give it to one of my finest officers and maybe play with it later. :cheeky They can't seem to unlock that perk.

Edit "InternalSettings.h", find "ALLOW_LOCKED_PERKS", change the value to 0. Never worry about locked perks again. :)

Otherwise I believe you need the book "Don't Look In The Barrel".

There are two ways I know to get the brace of four horse pistols. One is to have reached a high enough level that they start appearing randomly. The other is to take it from a particular character on Nevis. Try playing in the "Napoleonic" period, then visit that same character and see what you get...

Edit "InternalSettings.h", find "ALLOW_LOCKED_PERKS", change the value to 0. Never worry about locked perks again. :)
You know me too well @Grey Roger :bow:cheeky
.....Otherwise I believe you need the book "Don't Look In The Barrel".

There are two ways I know to get the brace of four horse pistols. One is to have reached a high enough level that they start appearing randomly. The other is to take it from a particular character on Nevis. Try playing in the "Napoleonic" period, then visit that same character and see what you get...
Thank you so much that is good to know. I'll look around to see if I can find that book.

I'm still level 20 xDI'm trying to get my character in this save to do some honest pirating as much as possible for a change :woot I'll hunt and search the entire island of Nevis to find this particular swindler. :D

Also, is Barbossa's pistol in the game? Barbossa's_pistol.jpg

Last edited:
@Grey Roger, I played Bartolomeu o Portugues recently and I was in level 63. But never find brash of two horse pistol in the game(except Eastwood one).
I remembered I did find them in earlier versions of the game. Same goes for some fine blades(Russian).

I played as free play character too and I did find some blades in boarding actions only, but not brash of two horse pistol!

Another question, as a privateer if character goes to high level like Baron then every nation gift a particular blade. As Portugal give scimitar. Am I right?
Want to know those nation specific gifted blades and their characteristics.

You know me too well @Grey Roger :bow
No, I was only recommending what I do routinely. ;) Never having been keen on locked perks from the first day they were added to the game, I always set "ALLOW_LOCKED_PERKS" to 0.
Also, is Barbossa's pistol in the game? View attachment 34702
No, but that doesn't stop someone from adding it. A perfect replica would probably need someone to create a new model using Maya, but retexturing an existing pistol to look vaguely like that should be easier. Use:
GM Viewer to look at existing pistol models and see if there's one which looks approximately the right shape, and also which texture files it uses;
HEX Editor to edit the model file, find the texture file name, change it to something else, then save the model as a new file;
TX Convertor to look at the texture file for that pistol, then convert it from the .tga.tx format used by the game into .tga format;
Photoshop, GIMP or whichever other picture-editing software you prefer to put a Barbossa-style texture onto a copy of the texture file, then save the new file under the same name you edited into the model file;
Then use TX Convertor to convert the newly edited .tga file back to .tga.tx, and use GM Viewer to look at the result.

The new texture file name must be the same length as the original name, e.g. you could try modifying "pistol5a", which uses texture file "pistol_5a.tga.tx". "pistol_5b.tga.tx" is already used for another variant, so you could use "pistol_5c.tga". Weapon models are in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Ammo" and their textures are in "RESOURCE\Textures\Ammo".

@Grey Roger, I played Bartolomeu o Portugues recently and I was in level 63. But never find brash of two horse pistol in the game(except Eastwood one).
I remembered I did find them in earlier versions of the game. Same goes for some fine blades(Russian).
That is because weapons are restricted by period. Horse pistols aren't normally supposed to appear earlier than "Golden Age of Piracy", which is the default period for FreePlay. Or, if you previously played "Tales of a Sea Hawk", that's set in "Colonial Powers", which is later. "Bartolomeu o Portugues" is set in "Spanish Main", which is too early for horse pistols to appear normally. Clint Eastwood is special and always gets his brace of four horse pistols, except in the "Napoleonic" period when he gets something even more special...

I played as free play character too and I did find some blades in boarding actions only, but not brash of two horse pistol!
The brace of two horse pistols will appear randomly when you are at or around level 30. The brace of four horse pistols will appear randomly when you are at or around level 54. But again, only if you're playing in "Golden Age of Piracy" or later.

Look at "PROGRAM\ITEMS\InitItems.c" to see the data on weapons, including "minlevel" (earliest level at which you can expect to start seeing them), "Available in period" (earliest period in which they'll appear) and "Last period of availability".

Another question, as a privateer if character goes to high level like Baron then every nation gift a particular blade. As Portugal give scimitar. Am I right?
Want to know those nation specific gifted blades and their characteristics.
Look at "PROGRAM\NK.c", specifically at function "GiveSwordAndPerks". This is where reward swords are given. Portugal will give you "blade29" (Portuguese Officer's Sword) at rank 3 ("Segundo-Tenente"), and "blade32" (Damascus Shamshir) at rank 8 (navy "Comodoro", privateer "Baronete"). Other nations give other swords. Again, when you know the weapon's code name, e.g. "blade32", you can look at its data in "InitItems.c".

Last edited:
Anyone has any ideas how to remove the gamblers' fear? I want them to keep playing with me no matter what my reputation is. It seems the old trick is not working anymore.
I replaced the lines in Habitue dialog:
Code:
if (makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) < 50 && makeint(npchar.money) >=100)
with:
Code:
if (makeint(npchar.money) >=100)

It worked before, I don't know why it's not working anymore.

EDIT: Wait, maybe I have to complete the smuggled gov'ners daughter quest first. I'll try that out then I will follow up.

That is only the first check. The full code for that part is:
Code:
                       {
                           dialog.snd = pcharrepphrase("Voice\HADI\HADI006", "Voice\HADI\HADI007");
                           dialog.text = pcharrepphrase(DLG_TEXT[12], DLG_TEXT[13] + GetMyName(Pchar) + DLG_TEXT[14]);
                           if (makeint(pchar.money) >= 100)
                           {
                               link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[15];
                               link.l1.go = "gambling";
                           }
                           link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[16];
                           link.l2.go = "exit";
                       }
                       if (makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) >= 50 && makeint(npchar.money) >=100)
                       {
                           dialog.snd = "Voice\HADI\HADI005";
                           Dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[9];
                           {
                               link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[10];
                               link.l1.go = "gambling";
                           }
                           link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[11];
                           link.l2.go = "exit";
                       }
                       if (makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) >= 100 && makeint(npchar.money) <100)
                       {
                           dialog.snd = "Voice\HADI\HADI004";
                           Dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[7];
                           link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[8];
                           link.l1.go = "exit";
                       }

Removing the 'makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) < 50' won't do you any good. The only difference between 'pchar.quest.gambling' being less than or greater than 50 is that he'll either give the standard challenge, or he knows your reputation and says "They say you're a fine dice player. Want to play a bit?"

The message "Don't even look my way! You've got a reputation as the best dice player on these islands. I'm not risking it" comes from the third check. You've been gambling a lot and he has no money. So there's no point trying to make him gamble, you still won't get any money from him!

That is only the first check. The full code for that part is:
Code:
                       {
                           dialog.snd = pcharrepphrase("Voice\HADI\HADI006", "Voice\HADI\HADI007");
                           dialog.text = pcharrepphrase(DLG_TEXT[12], DLG_TEXT[13] + GetMyName(Pchar) + DLG_TEXT[14]);
                           {
                               link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[15];
                               link.l1.go = "gambling";
                           }
                           link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[16];
                           link.l2.go = "exit";
                       }
                       if (makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) >= 50 && makeint(npchar.money) >=100)
                       {
                           dialog.snd = "Voice\HADI\HADI005";
                           Dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[9];
                           {
                               link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[10];
                               link.l1.go = "gambling";
                           }
                           link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[11];
                           link.l2.go = "exit";
                       }
                       if (makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) >= 100 && makeint(npchar.money) <100)
                       {
                           dialog.snd = "Voice\HADI\HADI004";
                           Dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[7];
                           link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[8];
                           link.l1.go = "exit";
                       }

Removing the 'makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) < 50' won't do you any good. The only difference between 'pchar.quest.gambling' being less than or greater than 50 is that he'll either give the standard challenge, or he knows your reputation and says "They say you're a fine dice player. Want to play a bit?"

The message "Don't even look my way! You've got a reputation as the best dice player on these islands. I'm not risking it" comes from the third check. You've been gambling a lot and he has no money. So there's no point trying to make him gamble, you still won't get any money from him!
Yes I've tried removing all three checks but it's not working anymore. How do you suggest I do it? I want them to keep gambling. Everywhere I go, they turn me down now without a second chance :cheeky

EDIT:
Also, they won't seem to initiate the girl quest anymore. I turned it down the first time. Is there a console code for them to force initiate the quest?

Last edited:
They can't keep gambling if they don't have enough money to gamble!

If you remove the third check then he'll try to gamble and enter the game without anything to bid. I don't know off-hand what that will do, but you've probably just found out. :p

Right before this line:
Code:
Try adding this:
Code:
if (makeint(npchar.money) <100) AddMoneyToCharacter(npchar, rand(1000) + 500);
Before he checks your gambling status, that should first check his wallet. If it's empty, it should magically refill, allowing you to fleece him again.

Back