• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CMv3 Dimwitted Install Problem

jamieboo

HoO Team Member
Music and SFX
Provisional
Hello all

I'm not a modeller/coder or anything like that, so lack a lot of technical knowhow, but I have been looking forward to this mod for a few months since I discovered this site.
I downloaded v3 today (the exe) doubleclicked it and let it do its thing for a few minutes, then started CoAS. But the old, unmodded version of the game loaded.
I left the installation pathway at its default, so now in the Program Files (x86) directory I have a City of Abandoned Ships Community Mod folder separate to the Playlogic folder.
Have I done something deeply wrong somewhere?
Is there another key part of the mod application process that I dont know?
I'm using Windows 7 64bit, could that be causing a problem?
Thanks for any help you can offer, and apologies for my soon to be clarified idiocy! :)

Yep i noticed this problem too. You need to get the url link for your COAS game directory and use that as the installation path for the exe not the one it say's it will use ie community mod version 3 or what ever name it say's will be used. The game directory should be something like C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2. It will depend on which operating system you are using. I'm using XP i don't like windows 7 or vista.

Windows 7 and VISTA. DONT install in your program files, the security does not like it at all

Install the game to say C:/My Games/Playlogic/Age of Pirates 2/ and then install the mod on top of that

Back