• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CMv3 question for the modders.

seaturtle

Landlubber
I D/L CMv3 after deleting ( from JSGME ) my other mods and then the "Players" folder ( started new one ) I then installed both folders "program" and "Resource" from CMv3.

I deliberately started this game with Ian Stance as a merchant and in easy mode ( not sure of your new mod yet..ain't taking any chances. :rolleyes: :wp ) and I was sort of startled as I started game at Bermuda pier.( suppose to start here?? ) I just stopped there and checked things with the CMv3 readme. Seems like the new player ( as I'm set up ) is to have in his cargo "choc" and "leather" to start off. Well those pirates on the Island here at Bermuda must have snuck it off my ship as I sure don't have either on board. :shrug This was listed on page 4 CMv3 readme under "Fixes/Changes".

Here's what's aboard:

Cargo.jpg

And yes we have NO chocolate nor Leather today...Sneaky little Pirates anyway. :modding

Here's Ian's first pic.... :rolleyes:
Ianpersonal.jpg

Here Ian hits the Bermuda pier for the first time.

FirstpicatBermuda.jpg

So Did I do right? An if so Where are my Chocolates and Leather?? :shrug

hmmm...I think you may want to uninstall and reinstall your game completly. Ian Stance has been removed from the list of characters, and replaced with another. (as far as I know) Be sure that when you install your game a-new, that you DO NOT install in program files. install in something like C:\Games or something to that effect.

After which you should have no problems :onya

btw: starting in bermuda is normal :dance

If you go into programs or where ever its installeds in vista and windows 7, look at all the folders for the programs installed on your computer you will find that you have COA and one community mod V3 or something like that, you have to select the instilation path for the mod, not sure why that is but sadly you do and then start a new game, then you will see you have the goods listed. At the moment your playing the stock game version, which in any case has random start locations. In CMV3 you will alway's start at Bermuda. :onya

If you go into programs or where ever its installeds in vista and windows 7, look at all the folders for the programs installed on your computer you will find that you have COA and one community mod V3 or something like that, you have to select the instilation path for the mod, not sure why that is but sadly you do and then start a new game, then you will see you have the goods listed. At the moment your playing the stock game version, which in any case has random start locations. In CMV3 you will alway's start at Bermuda. :onya

Possibly you gentlemen misunderstand. I have Win XP Home 32 bit not Vista nor Win7. And plenty of horsepower to boot. Win XP 32 bit 3 1/2 gigs ram ( all that can be used for XP 32 bit ), AMD Phenom 9500 X4 processor ( Quad ),Nvidia BFG GF GTX 260 896MB graphic card with 197.45 drivers

No one has said whether or not JSGME works with CMv3. Certainly your not going to tell me this is a mod that won't run with JSGME?

Meantime I've deleted the entire AOP2 game off my hard drive, CMv3 mod and all. I'll wait until I find out if I can play it correctly with XP Home 32 bit as you people seem to have Vista and Win7 on the brain. To me at this time they are both the worst since Win ME that ole Bill and company put out on the PC market.

Just what is the latest CMv3 mod? Is it "CMv3 Final 1" or what? :shrug

Confused? Well I sure am. :blink:

You didn't state which OS you was using so without that information we are left guessing, now that we know its XP its easier to explain. If you haven't already downloaded the exe version of CMV3 then you can from HERE

Once thats downloaded, install COAS if you haven't already and then install the mod by clicking on the exe. You will see a screen asking you if the install path is right or if you wish to change it, the default path is "C:\Program Files\City of Abandoned Ships Community Mod" which is no good since that is not the path for COAS, so hit change and then navigate the install path to the game directory which should be something like this "C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2" once thats done hit install and continue installing the mod as you would any other program.

Start a new game and have fun, hope this helps. :onya

Back