• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved COAS directory

Ryan Shockey

Thunder
Banned
when i went to extact the files into the COAS game what is the directory for this game and how do i install these GOF mods into it
i have windows 7 vista and everything is set from video card to display but when i'd go to install these GOF mods it doesn't work how am i supposed to get this GOF mod into the game
Can someone PLZ hepl me

its the folder where your game is instaled and to answer you question about game running from disk its not possible you have to install the game in order to play it (unless you have some copy a friend borrowed you but then you cant save so i dont see the point ) So the default folder where game is instaled is C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2 you can get there by going to my computer then local disc C: then follow the path Program Files then Playlogic then Age of Pirates 2

well it keeps telling me to install this mod simply extract the files to your age of pirates to directory which i din't think i have and i've installed the game when i take the disk out and click on the icon it wants me to insert the disk

Leave the disk in. Just as jokash said, the directory IS THE GAME FOLDER YOUR GAME IS IN. Remember I told you to drag that folder onto your desktop and tell the mod to put its files there C:\Desktop\Age of Pirates 2. That's your directory. You can try pointing the mod at your original directory/game location as jokash said: C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2 and see if it will run.

If you did what I told you to do originally the game will run if your video card can support it and your resolution is not set too high.

Why do you want to know where this line is?

Did you get the mod to run yet?

Why do you keep asking the same questions in more than one topic?

Why do you continue to write one line questions that don't make sense, and do not explain in the necessary level of detail what you actually need or what your problem is? We can't read your mind and we cannot see your computer screen.

If you want help you need to explain what you need, what you've tried, what your specs are. What you are seeing when it doesn't work: i.e. error messages, windows messages, etc...

no and i don't know and why i need to know is because i can't find it and i was in the Character RPGullite but i couldn't see it my specs don't go any higher then 1400x900 and the card can support it the mods keep saying cannot open output file there is no windows messages and no again i didn't get the mods working it says skipped invalid mod path skipped invalid mod path skipped invalid mod path so there you have it :) oh and one more thing, I've tried to upload them into the Game

So there is not any reason you should be trying to edit any lines of code/scripts yet before you can even get the game to run. You must Walk before you can Run Grasshopper. Ask your questions about making changes and tweaks AFTER your game works.

OK so we know your resolution is not the problem. Did you find out what video card you have yet? Since you run Windows7 you probably have both a 32 and 64bit partition. Is your game installed in the 64 bit side? To find out push your windows button (the round blue one in the lower left corner with the microsoft windows four color symbol in it). Push that button and then push the word that says Computer - it will be on the right side of the window that just opened. After you push computer, then look at the folders that pop up. Is there a folder that says Program Files and then another one below it that says Program Files (x86). If there is, which one of those folders is your Playlogic folder inside?

So the window says "skipped Invalid mod path"?

When does that error window pop up. Is it immediately when you push start, or does the game start to run and then you see this error window as it crashes?

Does it show the intro movie or the rotating bar shot symbol?

Until you are up and running, I would ask that you confine ALL questions regarding your problems getting the game to run to this topic we are on right now and NOT start any new topics anywhere else.

The next time you post to answer my questions, read through this message carefully and answer each question that I asked in your next reply.

If you are patient, answer the questions and follow instructions exactly, we WILL get your game to run. OK? :onya

MK

speak to those PC-pixies in the video-adapter and tell'em to open MS-Pain'... wo, you mean careering off on a dreamship and have a fantasy cruise of nickety-pluckery feathers in the swinging hammock? you are so out of orbit.

Tell us how's you are faring. We'd like a complete fleet of vessels let to water from philosophical tourists calling Odysseus a champ. They were having a row most of the time, innit?-) with'em boats. Get a Rollercoaster Concordia and paddle around the knee from the Apennine Peninsula. Show all those italics landrats how we comment and crawl. Silly saylingear? at the helm svp.

Back