• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved COAS - GOF, How to not install music?

MatthewThePirate

EccentricMatthew
So guys, I was wondering, with the GOFmod, it has a music mod with it right? well I was wondering if I can install GOF but keep the music same as default, which files would I need to delete or not install? as I tried just not installing the Music folder when I downloaded it, but I ended up having no music at all, so I assume there are other files linked or something?

So guys, I was wondering, with the GOFmod, it has a music mod with it right? well I was wondering if I can install GOF but keep the music same as default, which files would I need to delete or not install? as I tried just not installing the Music folder when I downloaded it, but I ended up having no music at all, so I assume there are other files linked or something?

what's wrong with the music? :rofl

lol, just some of it is not my taste, I have modded some though, but still, I would prefer the default music in the game for me lol. Though at the moment it seems I cant play at all still :(

The music files themselves are in RESOURCE\Sounds\MUSIC . Take that folder for the stock game and put it back in your installation.
The code referring to the music files is in RESOURCE\INI\aliases\music_alias.ini . Restore that file from your stock game installation too.
I think that should work.

what i find annoying about the game's sound's is that weird yelling just after reloading a cannon :p
just thought i would share that.

You're talking about CoAS, right?

nope, pretty sure its on potc too, its like a OOOORAAAH sound ;), its not bad or anything, but very repetitive, is it possible to make various sound's that will play when firing cannon's? i will make them, just wondering how i would add these sound's to game

Well, stop confusing the two already! You post on the CoAS forum in a GoF-related thread and people aren't going to know you're talking about a different game and modpack! :razz

Weird yelling in PotC after reloading a cannon? You mean after FIRING the cannons, I imagine? That is supposed to be the command to fire.

Well, stop confusing the two already! You post on the CoAS forum in a GoF-related thread and people aren't going to know you're talking about a different game and modpack! :razz

Weird yelling in PotC after reloading a cannon? You mean after FIRING the cannons, I imagine? That is supposed to be the command to fire.

yes, that's the one. the sound played when firing cannon's,

Back