• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS in high resolution

Kohistan

Landlubber
A little tweak in the GeForce panel and setting the resolution to 1680x1050 manually in the options file. And this is what happened...

I think it looks pretty good. It looks a little skewed, especially on land, but the textures are much more crispy. Also faces and house textures looks a lot better.
heartbraker.jpg

What's so special about this?
I play the game in 1920x1200 with 4x anti aliasing, by the way...

Its not so much the resolution thats got people interested its what options was tweaked in the GPU control panel.

I use NVidia control panel as well to off set the graphics controls that CoAS does not have

my resolution it at 1680 x 1050 (native resolution for my monitor)

anisotropic filtering: 16x
anti aliasing setting: 16xQ
anti aliasing: Supersampling
texture filtering: High quality
Vertical sync: on

I have found I can with this mode on I can only render up to 6 ships at a time though before I start getting some slow down (not bad or game breaking by any means just the occasional small clip)

but yeah without this the game just doesn't look nearly as good!

You should also be able to install ENB on top of CoAS and get some additional fancy effects:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads/enb-improved-graphics
It works for PotC, though it does greatly reduce framerate. But if your computer can handle it... :rolleyes:

Back