• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Malestorm Gentlemen of Fortune: Historical Eras II.

lareth

Landlubber
1st I really do not know what I'm doing and tried to follow along the install/read me file included in Malestorm and still did not get things working. I think my issue is shortcut t with the DirectX 9, 32 bit version of Maelstrom.exe, think my "Target: and Start:" pathing is wrong however I could have not installed things corectly

1) Malestorm engion to C drive in own folder
2)CoAS base game into "games" folder inside Malstorm folder
3) GoF HE2 mod into the CoAS folder inside Maelstorm folder. replaceing any duplicate file names with MoD files ect.

it's possible I failed in those steps

I would be grateful for any help, even willing to do Discord and share my screen cause i'm a newb

Here is my error message

Malestorm Start up error pic.png

my current path
Malestorm error 1.png

another pic

Malestorm error 2.png

Well figured out the answer it was Very easy, #1 do not install both the Original CoAS and the Male store engine. Just the Malestorm Engine and the GoF ER 2 mod

then this was my Exe short cut
GoF ER 2 answer.jpg

Hi,

it's been a bit since I last did the install but if I look at my config, it is as follows:

First off, I have created a new folder called games in my main maelstrom engine folder

1669759031051.png

In there, I have put a copy of my base game as well as the mod that I am interested in on top (in my case ERAS):

1669759138157.png

Then I created the proper path for the shortcut for this:

1669759225430.png

I think the only thing that you might have to change for the engine to work is to redo the execution path to include the correct game folder.

Also, in case you have not done that already, maybe you should run the directx.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe in the main Maelstrom engine folder, you might be missing a component.

Back