• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help COAS personal/ship

Dutchman

Landlubber
Can one change the personal abilities? pro fencing (or whatever it was call) provides more/less benefits? I am not very good at modding this game. I dont want to add/remove, just change stuff about them. I see nothing about this (joined yesterday - looked around and saw nothing). If it can be done I know not which file to look in (so many!)

PS: I am new to these forum and english is not my mother - tongue, please help for i am in need of it.

Sorry I can't be of more help. There are a lot of files associated with character stats. I have a moderate understanding. I recommend you acquaint yourself with program/characters/characters_init program/characters/RPGUtilite program/quests/reaction_functions

In RPGUtilite I think you can change the starting skill numbers for each class type, but it might be characters...I can't remember.

In the functions file you could try editing these lines:

AddCharacterExpToSkill(pchar, "FencingLight", 30);
AddCharacterExpToSkill(pchar, "Fencing", 30);
AddCharacterExpToSkill(pchar, "FencingHeavy", 30);

That would max your fencing abilities

Of course you will have to hit reinit and accept if you do this. Always save a copy of the original file before you start playing around.

There is a lot of spaghetti code in these files. Seems like half of the syntax is commented out. You could try changing values on some of the active segments and see what happens if you have the patience to test it. I've never played with the character aspect as I've always been satisfied with the character capabilities. I don't like God mode characteristics.....speaking of which you can always put the game into godmode if you're not happy with your beginning skills.

MK

Back