• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS quest

Tonni

Landlubber
1. Any tips how to find admirals key? Is it even posible? Is it in some chest or just laying around, or mabey in the sea? After 2 days I got mesage that Chad found it. Is it posible to take it later in game? And what is in that godamned chest?

2. How to listen Chad and Casper clan guy and not being busted? Or u need to be? I was busted standing behind crates, behind barrels and behind pilar. My sneak is about 85. After that inkeeper says to wait and i waited abouth a month doing nothing, exept sleeping.

well the key is laying around the the decks it spawns random, huzzah for theses find the tiny object on the ground quests. but if you do manage to find the key the chest has some awsome items in it. wading thru 75 pages on the ru forums some claim the key most often spawns on the eve(eva sp?) or the protector but i never found it in my game, but they do emphasize it can spawn anyhere on the decks of the ships so just keep running around or walking slowly, if you have any patience and hope you stumble across it.

about the meeting, save before the thing starts stand right on top of the pillar and turn your body slightly so your fidgting and scratching mc arms aren't flailing all over while he is supposed to be hiding, (chokes ian for being stupid and having fleas apparently) best advice i can give, dunno what happens if you just continue on after blowing the hiding part i reloaded a few times to get it just right. i had had about enough of the city of abandoned ships by that time.

<!--quoteo(post=324465:date=Jun 2 2009, 05:13 AM:name=Cerebus23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cerebus23 @ Jun 2 2009, 05:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324465"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->well the key is laying around the the decks it spawns random, huzzah for theses find the tiny object on the ground quests. but if you do manage to find the key the chest has some awsome items in it. wading thru 75 pages on the ru forums some claim the key most often spawns on the eve(eva sp?) or the protector but i never found it in my game, but they do emphasize it can spawn anyhere on the decks of the ships so just keep running around or walking slowly, if you have any patience and hope you stumble across it.

about the meeting, save before the thing starts stand right on top of the pillar and turn your body slightly so your fidgting and scratching mc arms aren't flailing all over while he is supposed to be hiding, (chokes ian for being stupid and having fleas apparently) best advice i can give, dunno what happens if you just continue on after blowing the hiding part i reloaded a few times to get it just right. i had had about enough of the city of abandoned ships by that time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanx, man..I'm gonna reload and try to find that key...Just hope my eyeballs won't pop out...

Not more stupid searching games! I have never found any of those bloody gems the moneylender is looking for and now you have to look for a key in the CoAS?
Is there no way to use the console or BetaTestMode?

By the way, why don't we put together our knowledge and open a walkthrough thread?
This game has some special quests that can frustrate players so we should provide info before they throw their games in the corner.

<!--quoteo(post=324496:date=Jun 2 2009, 11:34 AM:name=Bismarck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bismarck @ Jun 2 2009, 11:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324496"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not more stupid searching games! I have never found any of those bloody gems the moneylender is looking for and now you have to look for a key in the CoAS?
Is there no way to use the console or BetaTestMode?

By the way, why don't we put together our knowledge and open a walkthrough thread?
This game has some special quests that can frustrate players so we should provide info before they throw their games in the corner.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not a bad idea for walkthrough...
And for moneylender its always in a 1 part of jungle.. It helps to turn off grass in options...
I found the key in Eva's closed part of deck and been able to listen Admirals conversation when i was behind the pillar and just a little turned aside... Funny, when i was standing facing it i was busted....

So, thanx again Cerebrus

you can add the key to the function commands in the dev console i can post that if you want, but if you do it you get the chest but the quest does not update that way. capper will find the key if you cheat it in.

The gem is always right outside the gates in that very first area. You CAN see the gem on the ground, but its tiny. The easiest way to see it is to go into the video settings and turn off the grass. Then its just flat ground and you are just looking for a tiny gem model that is colored based on the gem type you've been asked to find.

Cap'n Drow

In adittion, switching to 1st person view (TAB) also helps, because that view have more zoom and is more accurate, just walk (not running, too much shaking and your eyes gets confused) in the outside gates and you will find the gem... I´ve made all this "searching gems" quest in 2-3 minutes the more time consuming.

<b>BEST REGARDS</b>

Back