• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS question

Axet

Landlubber
Ok, I've made it up to where I have to save the french lady from the 3 attackers... how? So far all three have just pulled 4 barreled pistols and killed me and the chick in seconds. Its getting really annoying. And do I have to keep her alive?

Well after 4 hours I give up. Best I can do is get two of them to fight me, but the third always goes and oneshots the lady. I have no idea how the @#$$ I'm suppose to do this.

Hmm. I didn't have a problem with this one...maybe the best course of action would be to provoke the one going for the lady with a gunshot or something, that may lead the guy to target you instead. I kind of remembered that I quickly blocked the left path that the two of them were coming from, and the third guy came to follow. It was a no-show for me fortunately.

ps (SPOILER): Prepare to be consumed with an unspeakable wrath when facing the Caspers...

<!--quoteo(post=331712:date=Jun 22 2009, 11:45 AM:name=Axet)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Axet @ Jun 22 2009, 11:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331712"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well after 4 hours I give up. Best I can do is get two of them to fight me, but the third always goes and oneshots the lady. I have no idea how the @#$$ I'm suppose to do this.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The game is often not a linear story. There is another way to learn about the Mechanics. You need only to be among the living.

<!--quoteo(post=331748:date=Jun 22 2009, 11:52 AM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ Jun 22 2009, 11:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331748"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The game is often not a linear story. There is another way to learn about the Mechanics. You need only to be among the living.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, one of those ways is to simply <i>ask somebody</i>. That little thingy where you type in the name of the person you're looking for? I typed in "mechanic" just to see what it would do and got not only his name but also his location. Of course, it doesn't update your logbook or anything, so I suppose if you want to do the quest 'properly' you still need to be told about him by somebody...

Thanks all, I finally found who I'm suppose to talk to if I can't save the french lady. Now to get the heck out of here.

Back