• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS runs too fast!

Sharks Prize

Master Mariner
I know what you're thinking after reading the topic title: lolwut?

It's true. I recently had to wipe and redo my machine, and when I got coas installed and the combinedmod all up and everything, I ran it for the first time and it runs too fast, like time is sped up. It doesn't do it smoothly though. It 'jerks' back into normal speed several times a second, making for a game that is impossible to play.

Before I got wiped, I had a utility called 'speed control' for another game I had. Unlike most other cpu speed reducers, this one doesn't have to be touched. You run it, you don't have to mess with any settings, and it makes sure all your progams run at just the right speed.

The way it does this is by restricting the amount of cpu load any program can access, giving it only as much as it needs, and no more.

Sadly, even after many web searches, I have been unable to find this program again. Does anyone here know where it is?

EDIT: I fixed it using the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer. However, I would still like to have Speed Control, so my question still stands.

I don't know that program, but I do know you don't need it. I run COAS on an Intel i7 930 with not a hint of the problem you're having. What're your specs?

That's not it, I'm afraid. It was definitely called Speed Control or SpeedControl.

I found a "Game Speed controller":

http://www.simtel.net/software/Games-Entertainment-Game-Development/Game-Speed-Controller/92664.html

Hope it will help you.

Back