• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Code to find a quest ship

eko budiyanto

Landlubber
i got the code to find the location of the trader that give mummy powder and the one who sell the mummy powder. so is it any same code that can we use to find the quest ship like "Queen" or "Arrow"? thanks.

Eko,

From what I think you are are saying, I believe you are referring to the "Talk to Self" Mod to find people in relation to the debug cheat option for the complete Ascold quest.
These two functions options are completely unrelated, because you don't know the NAME of the trader, not that it really matters in this case.

If you are looking for a quest ship, use the "Talk to Self" Mod, and put in the the captains name.

The Ascold quest debug cheat (GOF and GOF Eras Key - F11/F22) tells you where the trader is that starts the quest and where the trader who sells the powder.
That is all you really need to know, you don't need the "Talk to Self" to do this.
I don't want to spoil everything here so I will only tell you about the first part.

I will give you a sample photo from my personal game which reveals the following:

Trader Location to Start Quest - Willemstead
Trader Location that sells Mummy Powder - Marigot

Debug Menu.jpg

i'm sorry i don't know about "Talk to Self" Mod. i play this game a long time ago when gof 1.0 is released and then stop playing till this month. i identify the trader of mummy powder by putting this code manuali pchar.questTemp.Ascold.TraderId to ship.c (so silly). this code will show the location of the trader when i see the ship info. that's why i wonder if i can find similar code that showing the exact location of the quest ship hehe..

what make me curious just this code, is it any similar code that will show the location of the ship

sld.cityShore = GetIslandRandomShoreId(GetArealByCityName(sld.city));
sld.quest.targetCity = SelectAnyColony(sld.city); //îïðåäåëèì êîëîíèþ, â áóõòó êîòîðîé îí ïðèäåò
sld.quest.targetShore = GetIslandRandomShoreId(GetArealByCityName(sld.quest.targetCity));

ah well thanks for the tips it's really time saving because i don't have to do it manually again. will give try, thanks :D

i'm sorry i don't know about "Talk to Self" Mod. i play this game a long time ago when gof 1.0 is released and then stop playing till this month. i identify the trader of mummy powder by putting this code manuali pchar.questTemp.Ascold.TraderId to ship.c (so silly). this code will show the location of the trader when i see the ship info. that's why i wonder if i can find similar code that showing the exact location of the quest ship hehe..

what make me curious just this code, is it any similar code that will show the location of the ship

sld.cityShore = GetIslandRandomShoreId(GetArealByCityName(sld.city));
sld.quest.targetCity = SelectAnyColony(sld.city); //îïðåäåëèì êîëîíèþ, â áóõòó êîòîðîé îí ïðèäåò
sld.quest.targetShore = GetIslandRandomShoreId(GetArealByCityName(sld.quest.targetCity));

ah well thanks for the tips it's really time saving because i don't have to do it manually again. will give try, thanks :D

That is the "old way" to use the Ascold quest cheat when the game was released.

Now, I understand your question.
The simple answer, YES the code is in the game, but it does not work the same way as the Ascold quest because their position is not FIXED.
I modified this in the "Talk to Self" Mod.

Quest ships move on the map and from port to port in game.
The best way to locate their current location and heading is to use the UPDATED "Talk to Self" mod located in the CoAS mods section which will give you general information where they are going.

http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/talk-to-self-functions-mod.20404/

This will help, but make sure you backup your MainHero_dialog.c file.

Back