• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Colllision

JohnHamm

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Okay So I have Maya... now I need a program to do collision... or does maya do that I have the Tool.exe from the downloads section but it says that if cannot find the ENGINE.EXE file for PoTC.... LOL needless to say it does not work well.

If by collision you mean the BSP data that's done with Maya - there's a checkbox in the export dialog I believe.
The TOOL can't really do collision data, because I never figured out how the information is stored. For ships the TOOL will just copy the data from one of the existing ships, so collision will not be quite correct.
About TOOL not finding engine.exe there should be a dialog popping up that allows you to point it to the POTC directory. It doesn't really need the EXE file, but looks for models, textures and animations in certain directories. If you don't have POTC installed you might recreate the folder structure and rename an arbitrary file to engine.exe, so it will at least start. On the other hand the TOOL is really not much use if you don't have the game.

Back