• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Commodore difficulty...with tactical battles...

CapnSunk

Sailor Apprentice
I might as well have chosen impossible, because that's what it is. I was playing on I believe Captain and later on in the game it became far too easy so I restarted on commodore with tactical battles ticked....The Peter Blood plantation quests were highly highly difficulty to finish, the killing of the guy to get his finger and the Spanish captain both required 20+ reloads each. But it was finally finished. Now on my own I start out with a 25k bounty on my head by England, so I can't stop at any English port. As Peter Blood I only start with an English and Pirate flag available to me, so that means I'm unable to dock at any Spanish or Dutch port. So that leaves France...who after docking at their port I was attacked by bounty hunters and now have to retry again anyways...and I'm CONSTANTLY being attacked by ships who do nothing but try to run away from me in battle mode, forcing me to spend 10 minutes sailing int he opposite direction before I can reload to the world map.

They should rename this mode frustrating. Anyone else having these problems on higher difficulties?

What problems? You killed a British soldier on the plantation. England appointed a bounty on head. In the French port you have met the head hunters. They are usually strong.
This will help:
1. Pitt and Ogl - fighters;
2. At the plantation you kill only Pitt guards, for it is not a bounty on head.

It's all just a bit extreme. I've had to reload so many times, being difficult is one thing but this is impossible. A single heavy attack from anyone kills me, or a couple thrusts, so my sword fights have to be flawless; a single pistol shot from anyone will kill me, so this forces me to load an earlier save since many ship boardings are impossible since going into the cabin against the captain, many start off with a pistol shot that never misses. I've made both officers fighters whenever I go onto land or board a ship, but even then its often reloads.

I would understand if I went from Captain difficulty to Admiral or Impossible, but I simply went to Commodore. It's all just a bit much, the ship battles are very hard but I can handle them since it's pretty much the same from previous games but the sword fighting on this difficulty setting should be tuned a bit to say the least.

Back