• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Companion Boarding AI

shovelmonkey

Landlubber
Anyone know what determins what your companion does with a successfully boarded ship?

Usually I sail around with my little pack of 2 or 3 schooners (still early in the game) looking for some fat merchants to raid. I've been able to get my companions to successfully pull off a boarding, but it doesn't always turn out how I'd like. Sometimes they loot and sink the target (what I want) other times they swap ships and let the schooner I've worked so carefully on building for them sink in favor of some slow piece of crap barque or caravel that I really don't want.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out if it is truly random, or if there is some rule that determines what they'll do.

Also: Is it possible to transfer cargo / crew between two ships in your fleet with one of them not being my own? Seems a pain to always have to move things to my ship, and then to the other ship I want stuff to go to.

You can tell them to lower their sails, loot the enemy ships, haul the cargo back and transfer it to one of your waiting vessels.

Back