• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Complete Cyborg conversation :)

Ivana

Powder Monkey
Ok! I don't know has these already been done, so sorry if it has! I'm not very good at meddling with the game files and I think I'm not the only one and I couldn't memorize everything the cyborg told me (had no idea there wasn't gonna be a single entry in the loogbook), so I took some time to write down the whole conversation between the character and the cyborg from the Ship of Souls (Flying Dutchman) quest.
This encounter happens when you get sank by the Flying Dutchman for the second time, the cyborg appears after sleeping in the tavern (not always on the first night).

.............. (The skeleton takes a metallic hand and with a rustle and crank, slots it into place on it's wrist. The hand begins to move)
Peter Blood:
What's this?!

Cyborg:
I am Mk K-102 cyborg, manufactured by Seaweb industries. Issue year, 2022. I have found you, man from the strange ship.
Peter Blood:
Who? What? Who the hell is Sy Borg? What year did you say? This is 16th century of our Lord. You... seem to be nothing but metal. That's a little strange. You wouldn't be evil, would you?

Cyborg:
Do not argue with me, biological individual label Peter Blood. I am cyborg, a machine with biological shell. The covering had a shorter service period than the polymer and metal alloy base.Over 170 years, the biocover has been lost. My resources are at their limit. My nuclear energy source has run down. I am running on reserve power.
Peter Blood:
Half a century? I don't get it. So when were you born, then? The 21st century or the 15th?

Cyborg:
Error. Main power too low. Critical error - restarting...
Peter Blood:
What?

Cyborg:
Loading from backup store...
Peter Blood:
What's with him? Dear, who are you talking to now? And anyway, I don't often talk with evil monstrosities. I'm making an exception here, and now he's at it!

Cyborg:
System ready... I am Mk K-102 cyborg, manufactured by Seaweb industries. Issue year, 2022.
Peter Blood:
Yes, so you say. Look, don't start with me, junk-bucket.

Cyborg:
My mission was to enter the year 1985. Target: Donna Tyler. Objective: exterminate.
Peter Blood:
Well, right now it's 1666, and there ain't no Donna around here.

Cyborg:
During the transfer process, the distortions from the weapon and the equipment were not taken into account. Time point failure occurred. I was transferred to the end of the 15th century. My main task was to fulfill the mission. The search beared no results.
Peter Blood:
Well, what do I have to do with all this?

Cyborg:
The part of my framework is a manipulator. The manipulator has a marker; you took it. It was lost during operation "Temporal Shift", witch took place on a strange ship 30 years ago. The inhabitants of the ship were not found in my identification data. They were very aggresive and difficult to annihilate. They appeared to be cyborgs with biological framework. Energy source is unidentified.
Peter Blood:
Ahh, that must have been the ghost ship! Of course they're difficult to annihilate, they're exactly as you are; there are just more of them. That's why you ran defeated! Yeah, I've also had problems with them more than once.

Cyborg:
The manipulator is integrated and no functions correctly. It used to be unavailable due to the water barrier and constant re-deployment.
Peter Blood:
What is that thing, and what does it do exactly?

Cyborg:
It's of no importance.
Peter Blood:
Ah, I see. Operation "Temporal Shift" simply means to leg it, doesn't it? Or as I would put it, to retreat from the enemy.

Cyborg:
Yes, unit Peter Blood, you are correct. My time is coming to an end - the reserve battery is running low. The mission is impossible. The target was not found. Genetic analysis found no close relatives in the given area.
Peter Blood:
Yeah, you've had some lousy luck. I suppose it's time you retired. I know now where to attain a good weapon, so if I ever come across this Donna Tyler, I'll definitley kill her in return for such a great gift from descendants.

Cyborg:
Thank you for your cooperation. Scanning in process.... Complete.... I don't need your clothes. Goodbye.
Peter Blood:
That's it! Do all the good you can and they'll never leave you alone!

End..... :dance

By the way, I don't know am I the only one, but it seems to me as if a part of the conversation is missing, could the cyborg's weapon be the shotgun?

I think it is. I've never done this quest, just edited the dialog and gave the machine a new model xD:

Back