• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Compliments for PiratesAhoy!

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Once in a while, people say the kindest things.
So why not start building a record of those times?
To look back on in those times of feeling a bit blue...

This 17-year mod project makes the Pirates of the Caribbean tie-in game one of the best pirate sims around | PC Gamer

interview with Pieter Boelen from PiratesAhoy!
Интервью с сообществом PiratesAhoy!

From WIP - Flying Dutchman Project: Cursed & Uncursed
Actually this apply's to everyone here all of you have done such amazing work here and kept a wonderful community alive for so long where others fizzled out you guys may not be the biggest community or the loudest but you are one of the kindest and welcoming i have ever seen.
you all are just amazing people and that's the truth so keep your head high because you are really amazing for everything you have done and so is everyone else, all of you are just great for everything you have done here.

If anyone has any others to add, feel free to do so. :doff

Good idea, it would be nice to have such a thread to remind us that things aren't all bad. :cheers

From Keys CoAS and rifles of snipers
...I have affirmed that probably less than 5 percent of mods make a name for themselves, still applies (it is my opinion, everyone is free to share their experiences!)

Now, if you ask my opinion about New Horizons, I can find an easy answer: it is one of those rare exceptions that makes it a part inside of that 5 percent, and quite gloriously! Not saying is perfect (but I assume to ask perfection from a mod when you can't have it in an official game is at least childlish,) but it does the job quite well. It has a lot player choices in the settings, a great custom menu, ability to turn on/off realistic engagements, or vanilla gameplay. I would say I would have liked to see much more mods like that, or at least to become a standard to any modding teams out there (choices and setting options).
[...]
Now, simply because I find myself on the website where the developer team of this mod also resides, I would think congratulations are in order!

From Introduction
I found "New Horizons" and was very surprised that there is an available mod, but a real surprise was to find out about the vast amount of new content which is included in it. So without further ado, I installed "New Horizons" and could not stop playing it in my free time for days. I played the campaign from the original game to test the waters and was immediately amazed by the sheer sum of additions and revamps in every category. Finally someone unleashed the true potential of "Pirates of the Caribbean". It is impossible for me to list everything I like in "New Horizons" as it has too much new content compared to the original and I am absolutely sure, that I saw only a fraction of it.

Last edited:
From our Discord by @CaseyJones32:
Caseyjones32 said:
Heya, long time creeper ( 8 years or so ) first time really saying anything :rofl

I wanted to say that I appreciate all of you and the time you've given over the years..not even just the modders but the odd persistent community member here and there. I dare say I'm not the only one who has inconsistently followed and enjoyed all of your guys's various works throughout the years.

Really an incredible feat that you all have managed.. Thanks again :)

Reactions: Lrv
From The beginnings of PiratesAhoy! & the NEW HORIZONS mod (Interview w/Pieter Boelen):
Warrick Jones said:
PotC will always hold a position in my favorite games list. I played this game regularly on the original Xbox in the mid to late 2000's. Once I acquired a PC, the discovery of PotC NH was an amazing day. I now regularly traverse to ModDB always waiting for the next mod update.

The sheer level of customization and freedom is what makes this game. Great stories, many items and collectables, manageable fighting style and ability to cheat is always handy too! NH mod has made a great concept even better and I always enjoy coming back. Thanks to PotC NH, I discovered the delights of Horatio Hornblower and other tales and now find enjoyment reading these elsewhere.

Thanks to the whole PA Community for the ongoing great work. I look forward to the next mod update drop.

From our Discord:
Maximus030 said:
Wow... just buoyed the game and installed the mod, played two hours and ... woooow... got catapulted back in my childhood...what you all did is so fckn great!!! It is also challenging!!! Wow big big big respect and thank you so much

Just going to leave this here... :)

Back