• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Composer, Sound Effects

MattH

HoO Team Member
Music and SFX
Provisional
Hi
I interested in joining the team as composer/sound effects producer. Here is a link to my previous work.
Matt Hillis
Thanks
Matt Hillis

Ahoy Matt, welcome aboard mate!

Thanks for the samples, good stuff! Our music coordinator is @Flannery, he should be along shortly.

In the mean time, some things you can consider for Hearts of Oak, we are trying for as much historical accuracy as possible, and eventual we will want to expand to earlier and later time periods. We will also need music for all the different nation factions, currently our plans include Spain, Portugal, France, England and Dutch. Those are probably set in stone, but may be expanded on later. Also, each one of those nations have several different region variations as well. As an example, Ireland and Scotland in England, Dutch also covered quite a broad area for music influence at the time. If there is any particular area that you think you might be interested in working on, please let us know.

Ok I can get started on something. I'm assuming you want battle music and then also these country specific themes for menus/exploration etc?

We will need all kinds of music Matt, so please feel free for now to choose something that you wish to work on. Battle music, ambient music based on location, town and nation, tavern music, governor's mansion official music, naval and military music, we will eventually need it all in the end.

Please don't feel like we are asking you to provide it all mate, just work on what you feel like doing or have the time to do, we will fill in the rest as we need it. Mostly what we are looking for now is something that shows off your talents in the approximate style we are looking for in the game. We are also not looking for perfection, just your interpretation of what we are looking for. I have added you as provisional for now, @Flannery may have something specific for you to work on though.

Certainly we are interested! Please feel free to create a thread in the Development/Music and Sounds forum with details and a link to the file so we can give it a listen! :onya

Back