• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

computer not reading disc

Davis6541

Landlubber
I got the game only about an hour ago. When I placed the disc in my computer, nothing happened. I even tried getting the computer to manually start reading; not even taht worked. As a matter of fact, the computer said there was no disc. I tried on a different computer, and the game setup program started just fine. I then tried using a different disc in my computer, to see if this was all the computer or something between CoAS and the computer. The other disc worked. I then checked the system requirements for the game; my computer meets - if not exceeds - all system requirements (My operating system is Vista, which is in the required OS list). I even tried cleaning the disc (which I shouldn't have to do, considering it was brand new). And the disc STILL could not be read. I am at a complete and utter loss with this and need help ASAP.

I got the game only about an hour ago. When I placed the disc in my computer, nothing happened. I even tried getting the computer to manually start reading; not even taht worked. As a matter of fact, the computer said there was no disc. I tried on a different computer, and the game setup program started just fine. I then tried using a different disc in my computer, to see if this was all the computer or something between CoAS and the computer. The other disc worked. I then checked the system requirements for the game; my computer meets - if not exceeds - all system requirements (My operating system is Vista, which is in the required OS list). I even tried cleaning the disc (which I shouldn't have to do, considering it was brand new). And the disc STILL could not be read. I am at a complete and utter loss with this and need help ASAP.

I run mine on about four different computers and one of them does not auto execute the disk. Did you try going to START / Computer / DVD RW Drive(E:) right click on E Drive and choose "Install or Run program"

Only thing I can suggest.

MK

Ahoy Seph, welcome aboard mate! This may sound stupid, but try rebooting with the CoAS disk in your DVD drive, it might be something funky with Vista. If that doesn't work, it may be the lens of your DVD player needs cleaned. They do make lens cleaning kits, but you can also do this with a Q-Tip and a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Just be very careful with the second method, I would recommend a lens cleaning kit if you can find one cheap.

Glad you got it working mate! :onya

Back