• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Configuration settings

CPT. Jr

Landlubber
ok when i try to run the configuration file, it says engine.ini or options file missed. can anyone make available the configuration utility for me. I have tried for over a month with the tech support and got nowhere, and i do not want to buy another copy of this game. I also tried re-installing it several times.

Thanks for any help!

You mean you can't run Config.exe in your main PotC folder? The file's included in Build 13. Sometimes, when you run it, you have to point it to your installation directory. What settings do you want to configure? You can actually do it by manually editing engine.ini as well. I find that simpler and quicker.

<!--quoteo(post=304349:date=Mar 3 2009, 02:01 AM:name=Pieter Boelen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pieter Boelen @ Mar 3 2009, 02:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304349"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You mean you can't run Config.exe in your main PotC folder? The file's included in Build 13. Sometimes, when you run it, you have to point it to your installation directory. What settings do you want to configure? You can actually do it by manually editing engine.ini as well. I find that simpler and quicker.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

resolution and graphics quality is what i want to change

You can do that in engine.ini just fine:<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->full_screen = 0
screen_x = 1024
screen_y = 768<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

Back