• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Connections between Sea Dogs games

EldritchNexus

Powder Monkey
So I'm looking through the ways that the Sea Dogs/Age of Pirates/Corsairs games are all linked together story-wise.

I know that the saber of Nicolas Sharp from the original Sea Dogs appears in Pirates of the Caribbean/Sea Dogs II as an obtainable weapon, and of course Blaze and Beatrice from Caribbean Tales are the children of Nicolas. But what are the other connections that link the games together? I understand To Each His Own has some connections to previous games, but what exactly are they?

I guess there are spoilers ahead but you asked for it. ;)
Aside from what you have mentioned, I know of these:
  1. In COAS you can meet Blaze randomly in taverns. You may even be able to team up with him. I am not sure if Beatrice was also there.
  2. TEHO is set before COAS. And so you can go to the City of Abandoned Ships, also known as Justice Island.
  3. Nathaniel Hawk and Daniele Greene play a role in the main quest, and two of the DLCs.
  4. The Black Pearl returns in the Caleuche DLC. She looks more like the Flying Dutchman (and is named differently), but story wise it's the same ship. Hence why I made this: Black Pearl Mod 1.7.0 (TEHO) [Latest Update: 20th October 2020]. The story about the Black Pearl is also narrated to you by Nathaniel at one point. And if you played the Caleuche before you meet him, the dialog plays a bit differently.
  5. Khael Roa (A.K.A. Cozumel in New Horizons.) is also featured.
  6. The daughter of Beatrice is one of the main characters. The torn map from CT also makes an appearance. So Blaze, Beatrice, and Nickolas are mentioned. The two siblings are dead here though.

I think that is all, unless if I am forgetting something.

Last edited:
Yep.
Nathaniel had sunk her, as said both by him and her Captain.
So it is supposed to be the same ship.

I do think that it is for copyright reasons that the Black Pearl name is not there, but I am not sure.
She's referred to by three names throughout the story. Flying Dutchman, Caleuche, and Flying Heart.
The first two are actual real life myths, and the last one is an original name.
In my mod I replaced "Flying Heart" with "Black Pearl".

Nathaniel had sunk her, as said both by him and her Captain.
So it is supposed to be the same ship.
Crazy thought here, but what if we actually do this:
Standard Storyline De-filmization

And make New Horizons "Tales of a Sea Hawk" tie in with the other "Sea Dogs" games instead?

I do think that it is for copyright reasons that the Black Pearl name is not there, but I am not sure.
She's referred to by three names throughout the story. Flying Dutchman, Caleuche, and Flying Heart.
The first two are actual real life myths, and the last one is an original name.
In my mod I replaced "Flying Heart" with "Black Pearl".
Personally I'd say it should be "Caleuche" and "Flying Heart" then.
It doesn't make much sense to me if both are the same ship though.
They're really quite different...

Crazy thought here, but what if we actually do this:
Standard Storyline De-filmization

And make New Horizons "Tales of a Sea Hawk" tie in with the other "Sea Dogs" games instead?
I am honestly not sure about this, I wouldn't want the Black Pearl to be removed from Tales of a Sea Hawk.
On the one had I would be interested in seeing where it goes, and if I could help in this. On the other I actually learned of the Black Pearl from this storyline.
(It wasn't the movie Black Pearl back then but still.) So in a way she is more strongly linked with Sea Dogs 2 to me. As reverse as this sounds. :p

Personally I'd say it should be "Caleuche" and "Flying Heart" then.
It doesn't make much sense to me if both are the same ship though.
They're really quite different...
Technically it isn't the Flying Dutchman nor the Caleuche. It's just that people mistake her for them. ;)

I am honestly not sure about this, I wouldn't want the Black Pearl to be removed from Tales of a Sea Hawk.
On the one had I would be interested in seeing where it goes, and if I could help in this. On the other I actually learned of the Black Pearl from this storyline.
(It wasn't the movie Black Pearl back then but still.) So in a way she is more strongly linked with Sea Dogs 2 to me. As reverse as this sounds. :p
Impressive feat!
But nice.

I personally do also still kind-of like that loose tie-in with the film.
It doesn't make perfect sense; but it WAS the film title that got me to get the game.

Technically it isn't the Flying Dutchman nor the Caleuche. It's just that people mistake her for them. ;)
So the ship she REALLY is, is the "Black Pearl"(TM)/"Flying Heart"(non-TM)?

I'm surprised Disney never made a fuss over THEIR "Flying Dutchman" showing up under a different name in TEHO.
But really, it makes more sense to me for the FD to be the "Caleuche" than anything else.
Because THAT myth actually FITS with her in-film story.

I personally do also still kind-of like that loose tie-in with the film.
It doesn't make perfect sense; but it WAS the film title that got me to get the game.
For me it's the same, but in reverse. The game was the reason I watched to watch the first movie so much.
"No Nathaniel Hawk?! Why?! :facepalm" xD

So the ship she REALLY is, is the "Black Pearl"(TM)/"Flying Heart"(non-TM)?
Correct! :onya

'm surprised Disney never made a fuss over THEIR "Flying Dutchman" showing up under a different name in TEHO.
But really, it makes more sense to me for the FD to be the "Caleuche" than anything else.
Because THAT myth actually FITS with her in-film story.
Perhaps they don't know it, or don't really care.
Or the differences between that and the movie one are sufficient enough to separate them.

"No Nathaniel Hawk?! Why?! :facepalm" xD
Poor poor little you!!

Then I don't quite get why she looks like the Flying Dutchman in the later games. o_O

Perhaps they don't know it, or don't really care.
Both sound plausible.

Or the differences between that and the movie one are sufficient enough to separate them.
That one, however, is NOT plausible.
The similarity is pretty blatant.

Then I don't quite get why she looks like the Flying Dutchman in the later games. o_O
Probably because she was under the sea for some years.

That one, however, is NOT plausible.
The similarity is pretty blatant.
I am not sure about it either, but you never know. Legal stuff can be unpredictable.
Perhaps an actual BlackMark developer can say what the deal is.

TEHO is still set before the year the PotC movies are.
So theoretically the ship could be repaired to look like new.

Though there are other differences to the story that makes it a parallel universe.

Though there are other differences to the story that makes it a parallel universe.
Why do I have this annoying wish of making everything fit together on this thing?
On Star Wars, I couldn't care less. Not even on Indiana Jones (as long as aliens are excluded).

But for the pirate stuff... it's set in real history.
I'd like it to be, if not actually real, at least be plausible... :facepalm

Perhaps that's the reason BM didn't use the Black Pearl model and name.
And the main reason we may consider changing the Tales of a Sea Hawk.
Preferably to something in line with TEHO.

Back