• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Constant morale dropping

BobJimmy

Landlubber
Is it possible for someone to explain the morale system more clearly for this mod?
Is it normal to have to bump up morale in the F2 menu every day for other party ships?

Rather than adding challenge, the issue is more just an annoyance that another ship will just mutiny by the time you sail across the Caribbean, having to go into sailing mode to jack up the morale again a couple times each.

My leadership skill is practically maxed with the additional items, my ships are all evenly classed 4-5. These are ships that are classed as me "owning" them rather than them being prized/captured ships; if that matters at all. I have all the will upgrades. Is it a mechanic because I have a reasonably high amount of money?

- Condensed -

Err, I found the alternative solution(s) given in the FAQ.

However one of the solutions to disable this mechanic doesn't even appear in the InternalSettings header file. (#define UNLIMITEDLOOT 0)

And setting it to true doesn't affect anything at all - The issue persists.

Last edited:
@BobJimmy: There should be a Questbook entry to explain what is going on:
Notification - Crew Affairs
Morale is dropping because the crew is envious of the amount of money we have on board and wants to sign articles.

The "UNLIMITEDLOOT" setting is old and has been replaced with an ingame toggle instead:
To be exact, the Trading License you can buy from the Jamaica or Bonaire trading offices.
If you buy one of those, that'll do the same thing that the old toggle used to do. :doff

Of course you might also consider Signing Articles; that allows your morale to get higher, while making the game a bit more challenging at the same time.
If you like that sort of stuff.

Ah, yeah I saw with "if (HasMerchantPassport(PChar)) return true;"

Double checking that entire UnlimitedLoot function with that handy console execute key, I've definitely got it and it isn't just a faulty state of the program I've got along the line.
But anyway, after going through the DailyCrewUpdate source file it was almost surely the low reputation(floozy/swindler) AND mediocre leadership(5). I guess I should have assumed that because my own morale was sustaining at just above neutral reputation where my officers couldn't sustain their normal morale.

I guess I could always just change whatever to not care about morale ever again but going to a tavern for a First Mate for every ship works as well for that great reputation and leadership stats.

Final question on this topic concerning DailyCrewUpdate source file, is there a way to get the game to reload the source file easily without restarting the game? A bit like how console.c doesn't require a restart?

It's nice that the game is pretty open for modding.

Final question on this topic concerning DailyCrewUpdate source file, is there a way to get the game to reload the source file easily without restarting the game? A bit like how console.c doesn't require a restart?
This is how the console does that:
Code:
                if(LoadSegment("console.c"))
                {
                    ExecuteConsole();
                    UnloadSegment("console.c");
                }
Not sure if you can make that work with "WorldMap\DailyCrewUpdate.c", but you can try. :doff

Back