• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

control questions

rkimbal45

Landlubber
If I haven't said it lately, to those who have put all this work on the mod. fantastic job.
And as is often the case, i have more questions. :)

I notice when I press left or right on the controller I strafe, but it's an artificial strafe that has no animation and allows me to walk through walls. Is there a way to walk left and right other than that?

also I can't figure out how to back out of a menu like if you select fast travel and then decide to walk, except by pressing pause and then unpausing which only works some of hte time. Is there another way?

The original game didn't support sidestep at all and it was modded in.
Some characters (the AoP/CoAS ones) do have a sidestep animation, but most don't.
The teleport (that can go through walls too) is the best we have managed.
It's up to the player to use it as a "normal" sidestep, a cheat or not use the buttons. :shrug

You can move up in the [Enter] menus by using the [Escape] button on your keyboard. :doff

The original game didn't support sidestep at all and it was modded in.
Some characters (the AoP/CoAS ones) do have a sidestep animation, but most don't.
The teleport (that can go through walls too) is the best we have managed.
It's up to the player to use it as a "normal" sidestep, a cheat or not use the buttons. :shrug

You can move up in the [Enter] menus by using the [Escape] button on your keyboard. :doff

That must be the problem, I set escape to also be pause. :) Thanks again.

Ah! Better not do any double key assignments.
Having a look at PROGRAM\CONTROLS\DefaultControls.h might help. :doff

Back