• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Controller Support

Speedingbullets

Landlubber
Hi,

Started playing AOP2 with the 3.1.5 and graphics mod a few weeks ago and hav`nt been able to put it down.
I could`nt see any posts about using a controller in this game which I find comfortable and works quite well.
Dont`t know if i`m allowed to post the app that allows xbox controller for win to work in this game.

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum! (I se 1 post so this maybe your first time here?)
I'm glad you enjoy using the mod! I do too.

Many people enjoy using the mouse and keyboard, you feel as if you have more "control" over it as it would seem. Posting the program? I don't know if that would be allowed and if someone did want to use a controller I'm sure they would find out how ;)

I use a controller for games such as GTA, or racing style games but for Age of Pirate games i feel the mouse and keyboard are perfectly suited for the game.

Hi Prelactor,

And thanks for the welcome.

Yeah the games really challenging and enjoyable (just what I imagined one night before I fell asleep after trying some not so good pirate era games)
and the help on the forums is appreciated so I thought I`d try and contribute for anyone that would like to use a controller, though was unaware.

Started using a controller for Mount & Blade....and pretty much ever since.

Ahoy Swordbane! Welcome aboard mate! I have an old Saitek controller that I used to have set up to use in POTC, it definitely does make some things a lot easier to do. I am not sure about actually posting the program it's self, but it would be OK to post a link with BBCode tags to where someone could download the program you are referring too, I am sure there are others out there that might be interested in it as well. :onya

Hiya Thagarr, great to be aboard such a warm and helpful forum.
I`m pretty new to this and don`t know anything about BBCode tags though a search for controller emulators pc should do the trick.
It`s just I could only vouch for the one I use.
Note: I had to disable UAC (User Access Control) for the app to work ingame on Win7 (the only game I found needing this).

Hiya Thagarr, great to be aboard such a warm and helpful forum.
I`m pretty new to this and don`t know anything about BBCode tags though a search for controller emulators pc should do the trick.
It`s just I could only vouch for the one I use.
Note: I had to disable UAC (User Access Control) for the app to work ingame on Win7 (the only game I found needing this).

UAC is a pain so i have it disabled at all times. No idea why they made it.
Program tries to run inthe background, everything else gets minimized (Games and such) requesting you to give a reponse to run the program or not. Yea thanks.. you just crashed my game for that!

Useless thing :p

Back