• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Conversations bug

Colonder

Landlubber
Hello everyone. I've recently installed Pirates of the Carribean (2003) on my Win 7 64 bit Professional. Everything runs smoothly until I have to do few things at the very beginning in Oxbay, those tutorial things like buying new telescope etc. The problem is I can only speak to that boatswain that is guiding me. Whenever I approach random person I have an option 'speak' but after pressing enter nothing happens. I've tried every single button to start a conversation and nothing. When I approach that guy I mentioned and press space or pick an option 'speak' from menu everything is working fine. Moreover I can speak to island mayors (is that what they're called?) but to anyone else. I've searched forum but I didn't find anything about similar error. Can anyone help me with this? I am running it as Windows XP SP 3.
I've got this game in my language version and after installing New Horizon mod that is changing language to english everything is ok, I don't like this mod though since I'm not familiar with game and I don't know how to play it. Version of the game is 3.1

I don't speak english fluently so I'm sorry for any mistake and please mind that when writing an answer

Last edited:
:ahoymate!

Your English is fine. :thumbs1

That is an odd problem that no one has reported before. Try going into your POTC folder and delete the "options" folder. You will have to reset your preferred options but that often helps random control problems.

I don't have anything like folder named 'options' in my game folder. I only have files options, options.tga.tgx twice and options.xbx. My game folder isn't also named Pirates of The Caribbean. Could it be the reason?

It doesn't matter what the POTC folder is called. Mine is called Beta 3. This is what yours should look like.
Beta3 folder.jpg

Hm, ok. So i deleted it, what's next? btw I have several more files from EBM Improved Graphics

Last edited:
OK, now start POTC and at the main menu click on options and reset them all to what you want, and play the game and see if that helped.

Back