• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Corsairs: Black Spot

WOW, I'm POSITIVELY SHOCKED to see that this is happening! :shock

As you may or may not know, "Corsairs" is the Russian name for the Sea Dogs/Age of Pirates game series.
Corsairs 1 = Sea Dogs
Corsairs 2= "Sea Dogs 2" = Pirates of the Caribbean (yes, "our" Pirates of the Caribbean!)
Corsairs 3 = Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales

If I recall, "City of Abandoned Ships" was created as a mod for "Corsairs 3" by Seaward.Ru in Russia.
It was then released as a standalone game in the "Western" world.

@Eddy (Edward Zaitsev) from Seaward.Ru told us already back in 2009 they wanted to make a Corsairs 4 with a different game engine.
We even did some brainstorming for/with them at the time, which we still have hidden away on this forum.

After hearing some of the behind-the-scenes difficulties, I feared their epic pirate project would never see the light of day.
So I'm really pleasantly surprised to see they're back in business and, by the looks of it, better than ever! :pirates

This here is especially promising: Collaboration with Seaward.Ru
@ALexusB wasn't just the founder of Seaward.Ru Studio (2003, year obviously not a coincidence).
He also stood at the base of the PotC Build Mod, so we truly have LOTS to be grateful to him for! :bow

Nice trailer they've got too. Looks like they're doing motion-capture especially for this game.
And they're also accurately representing different languages.
I caught the Dutch phrase "stelletje klunzen" at 1:06 in there. And then "klootzak" later on.
They're admittedly not very nice Dutch words, but they're certainly very much correct.
(Any chance they're referring to me there...? :razz )

The more pirate games, the merrier! I didn't see this coming, but kudos to the developers for pitching the idea. :doff

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they reach their funding target before we get too excited, though.

For now, your game is definitely coming so there is that.

And should Corsairs: Black Spot come out, it would be two pirate games to look out for.

Nice time to be a pirate! :pflag:cheers

I'm not sure if that's how you gain support if not even your site is working properly.
Apparently they've been trying to get crowdfunding for about a year now.
But I only just found out about it yesterday.
That tells me they haven't been very successful so far.

I'd be willing to pitch in as well and I think the same applies to plenty more people.
But I think they need more help than just money.

For starters, indeed they should get their site fully functional to avoid putting off potential backers (like happened to you).
And then there needs to be a social media marketing campaign.

From my side, the various PiratesAhoy! channels are fully available for that.
Chances are we can get them a fair bit more coverage than they've had so far.
And that just has to help, doesn't it?

Just like with @Armada's "Buccaneers!", I would love to see this game SUCCEED!

Hello
A developer sends me a message in VK he says :"
We have disabled the ability to support the project until a later stage of development.
Perhaps we will soon turn on this feature.
Thank you for your interest in the game!
Question:

Why don't they mention that on the site? That's just asking for potential backers to jump ship.

hello,

The developer send me :"Hi.
Yes, we will do it soon.
Thanks."
That's all he said to me for this question.

And I asked if he wanted to create a discord server and he answered me :"I do not know . I will consult with the team.
f09fa4b7e2808de29982.png
"

Back