• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Could been possible to make SCRIPT for giving the orders to the marines

Cpt. Wolf359

Landlubber
Posted by: Wolf359 Jan 27 2008, 08:33 PM
Could been possible to make SCRIPT for giving the orders to the marines which are from player’s nation on islands. (List of possible commands/questions to the marines depends of players navy rank in that country)

Lover ranked players could only ask question such as General information about island, Higher raked players can give command such as follow me, defend me etc…

When player give dismiss to solder it go back on their guard position. Killed marines respwan/rebirth when pass some time on their start position.

Maybe we could make possible to bribe enemy soldiers. Chance for success depends of player luck skill.

What you think about this my idea?

Posted by: Pieter Boelen Jan 27 2008, 08:48 PM
Do you know of the crewmembers on shore mod? Go to your ship's deck, talk to your crewmembers and tell some of them to follow you ashore. That is fun. Trust me.

Posted by: Thomas the Terror Jan 28 2008, 05:41 PM
Did that once, gave them all redcoat uniforms, myself as an EITC officer, and then stormed QC
Looked really cool.

Posted by: Morgan Terror Jan 28 2008, 05:44 PM
i REALLY need to do that sometime. i just never get to actually taking those dudes ashore. (i know how)

that does sound pretty fun. not to change the subject or anything but is it possible to script the muskets to hang over the shoulder when they are not used? that or make a special musket variation with a bayonet and use that for the sword.

it'd be alot of work scripting but in the future it might make the game more acurate considering that in this age most soldiers carried just a musket and a bayonet.

the russians managed to do that. there has been talk about ways to put that in the game.

Only in their new game: CoaS because that game uses a new engine AND new animations. For POTC it is IMPOSSIBLE.

Very true. If we would want to do that, we'd probably have to port over to CoAS as well.

Back