• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

cozumel ctd

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
When an island decides it doesn't want to play anymore and you get a ctd every time you go there, is it possible to make it active again? Cozumel is being antisocial and I really want to finish this quest once and for all.

If a certain island isnt loading something to do with that island is probably stuffed now...... what exactly are you trying to do there?

I am trying to finish the main quest. I have 2 installs running. In one I captured the Sovereign which meant that it is stuck at the Port Royale governor's dialogue. So it has been set aside.
This one has run very well to this point. It blew through the Barbados Athena, capture, and defend town stuff with no troubles at all. I don't know what was in Patch 1, but it is a much better game, especially after I went back to the older vc drivers. :2up
Anyway, I am at the point where it is time to go to Cozumel. I will sink the Sovereign and try to capture the Black Pearl. My fleet consists of 2 -1st rate MoW's, 1- 3rd rate MoW, and a Flushdeck Frigate(Lydia). I have sailed there from Cuba, Aruba and Bonaire repeatedly. I go there in the world map, get the "land ho" call, sail a bit further and drop out to onboard view. That is where it ctd's every time.
Is there any way to fix this so I can continue? Is it possible to copy files from the other install into this one?

Post contents of error logs, cause this definatly shouldnt be happening and didnt happen on your other patch 1

OK, here you go. I just created these by starting at Bonaire and sailing in worldview to Cozumel. When I came out of that, ctd.

Here is a funny thing. The B14 fix1 install that I was playing had many islands that ctd'ed. They were Turks, St. Martins, Antigua, Martinique, and Cozumel. When I installed Patch 1 on top of that and started over those islands worked again. In fact that is the install that went all the way to the Governor's dialogue that isn't finished. It is a completely new install that has lost Cozumel.

Also, last nite I tried to be smart and copied a save from the messed up one to the good one. It worked except that the controls were completely FUBAR'ed. Nothing I did in "options", "controls" changed anything so I deleted it.

The last time that I saw a compile log like that it was when we were testing the "different flag mod" and the ships that had stuffed flags CTD, it appears that your ship (id: Manowar 2) has a problem going to conzumal :facepalm

What's all this?
Code:
SEA: Error: You assigned main character to quest group... This is a error!
Character.id = Enc_Officer_2, have invalid ship type = 1000, and try load to sea
Character.id = Enc_Officer_4, have invalid ship type = 1000, and try load to sea

If I remember correctly, that ManoWar is the one I captured off Aruba right after acquiring the Lydia. Would it help if I switched over to another ship? I will try that.
edit: I switched to the 3rd rate and it made no difference.

"What's all this?".

I have no idea. I have almost no knowledge of the workings of this program and don't touch anything. The last time I tried anything in there it was to transfer a save from one install to the other. It didn't work and has been deleted.
edit: That message is still there.
What I did.

All of these ships were acquired well before the Barbados actions and all except the Lydia were laid up for some time. After the Barbados actions I waited until I had saved up sufficient funds to refit them, did so, then sailed around gathering enough food and gunpowder for the expected actions. Then attempted to sail to Cozumel. The game ran very well up until this point.

Back