• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Crash after loading Port/Land

Avenaro

Landlubber
Hello everyone,

I have just installed this mod for the first time and ran into multiple problems. After I could fix the problem, that my game would crash upon the loading sreen, I am now able to play the tutorial. The Problem here is, that the game will load the Deck, after I spoke to Malcom, but as soon as I try to land on the port, the game crashes.
I have no idea why and how I can fix that^^

I don't know if these files will help you, but I wanted to provide them anyways :)
Sorry for my bad English and thank you for your help :)

Attachments

• system.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 172
  • compile.log
    8.8 KB · Views: 168
Your English is fine, and those are indeed the files we need to try to find out what is wrong. :onya

There is something wrong with your installation. In "system.log":
Code:
resource\models\characters\sailor3.gm: invalid version
Character model 'characters\sailor3' not loaded
resource\models\characters\man4.gm: invalid version
Character model 'characters\man4' not loaded
Those are the files needed to draw some of the people who are supposed to be in the port. They should have come from the basic game and would not have been replaced by the mod.

Try re-installing the game. Do not install it into "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)", as Windows does silly things there. My installation, for example, is in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

Good catch, @Grey Roger! :shock

I originally thought of the Intel Bug, but that would crash the game before the deck.
And also wouldn't cause those system.log entries.
So you're right; must be some sort of installation error or corruption in the original game files.

My game won't load, from main menu I see the skull and the spinning thing at bottom the back to desktop, any ideas?

Back