• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Crash at beach landing

A.H

Privateer
Alrighty so game is working fine, except one little issue which crashes regularly ONLY in that particular situation.
I met a nice looking lass @ tavern, she say we go gold hunting, so I went and we killed army in the island, then we had to intercept convoy...

So I go back to my ship, and on deck I transfer to her ship's deck.. then whenever I leave her ship, whether it be to port, shore, or my own ship.. game crashes.

Now I tried this situation many times.. from her ship, to my ship... from her ship to port... from her ship to landing offshore.. in all 3 situations the game crashes.

Moreorless I killed her in her cabin because I couldn't find the gold convoy so I got bored.. so after leaving cabin, i tried going back to my own ship but boom.. POTC stopped working. Any advice would be nice.

PS. I uploaded the text files of my game folder, not sure which one is required by bug checkers to see the source.

Attachments

• Build Info.txt
    146.7 KB · Views: 124
  • compile.log
    134.5 KB · Views: 72
  • engine.ini
    35.2 KB · Views: 90
  • error.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 112
  • system.log
    45.4 KB · Views: 92
You killed Claire LaRousse? :facepalm

It is hard to find that gold shipment and it is a great idea to save after the first fight and then go back to it until you find the gold. Then save. Then go find the proper beach.

It would be a good idea to start over from your last save, and save often. I use all saves in one day of playing and then delete all but two.

I have never boarded her ship so do not know what happened there.

All you need to post are the compile, error, and system logs. The compile and error have some interesting things in them.

I hope I didn't make a cocktail out of it!
But regarding the gold convoy.. I think i'll skip it because all the ships around me are very large.. yet we are still in the year 1500 so I was hoping the ships wouldn't be larger than class 6 types..

Till now no luck in finding the convoy. But what I meant by the girl's ship deck is regular transportation to her deck, not boarding.. in order for me to kill her I have to go to her deck, then fast move to her cabin, then when i speak to her i got 2 options, the second option you tell her that you don't want no part in this expedition and she threatens me "you better run with me or i'll run you through!" .. i kind of took offense to those words :$

Then after killing her, go back to her deck, and when i click on port/my ship .. kaboom.

Err, the gold shipment is still on the island. If the soldiers make it into Speightstown, then there is no gold.

Ah well I think i missed it a while ago.. i went on world map and kept going around, then in and out of ports.. but nothing.
Now trying to survive the tough world as a Dutchman without a friendly port to go to in 1500!

Moved the topic here. Have to look at it later.

This looks to be related to older version of the build?
Can you confirm this is still a problem @A.H ?

I'm not sure.. but I will do that gold convoy quest after I finish a couple quests.. still facing issues.

However could you please remind me where do I go again to meet this Larouse girl? @ what tavern was it

Back