• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Crash to desktop

JokersFolly

Landlubber
Hi All, I have reinstalled POTC NH to start playing again a couple of times but I cant seem to get it working.

I have installed it the normal way as usual but for some reason when I click play after selecting a storyline the game goes to the loading screen but crashes a few seconds after. I have tried on all of the storylines and this keeps happening.

I am playing on a new pc with Windows 10 but apart from that I've not done anything different and I have installed the latest versions of the game as I always do, so im not sure what's up. Many thanks for your help.

Where did you install the game? What is the full name of the folder where the game is installed, e.g. "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean"?

Does your new PC have Intel graphics?
If so try the Intel fix, OR DGvoodoo which keeps the water detail intact.

Intel Graphics Fix addon - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean
OR
Downloads - Dege's stuffs

To install DGvoodoo:
Copy "dgVoodoo.conf", "dgVoodooCpl.exe", and the files in "MS\x86\". And then paste them to your PotC installation folder.

That was the problem, all fixed now! I've installed DGvoodoo which works perfectly. Many thanks :)

You are welcome. Happy to see that it worked.
Should you notice any other problems, like moving "slow motion" feel free to ask again.
Good luck in the sea!

Back