• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crashes and Freezes: Strange behaviour

What exactly should we put in the FAQ for that? Me and Armada can add it no problem. :yes

Config.exe is still good for regular users; too bad it doesn't support the newer resolutions.
And too bad there's sound and texture mess-up settings. :facepalm

What exactly should we put in the FAQ for that? Me and Armada can add it no problem. :yes

Config.exe is still good for regular users; too bad it doesn't support the newer resolutions.
And too bad there's sound and texture mess-up settings. :facepalm

I'd propose:

"Make sure to disable "Safe mode" for Sounds in Config.exe to avoid crashes and graphic freezes."

But I've just noticed that there is no "technical problems FAQ" or I am unable to locate it - shouldn't it be sticky in this forum?

This is the only FAQ we have. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/ It could be added to that.

I don't want multiple FAQs; just the one will do.

How does this work for you?

3. My game doesn't work; now what?
The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering - more info]
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"
- You don't make sure to disable "Safe mode" for Sounds in Config.exe to avoid crashes and graphic freezes

I don't want multiple FAQs; just the one will do.

How does this work for you?

3. My game doesn't work; now what?
The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering - more info]
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"
- You don't make sure to disable "Safe mode" for Sounds in Config.exe to avoid crashes and graphic freezes

Aye, sir!
par-ty.gif

Cheers; it's in the FAQ now: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/ :doff

Back