• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crashes 'n Bugz with 3.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnLysop

Sailor Apprentice
Hi there;

haven't been active for some days due to work and in the free-tyme: Bug-scavenging.

So far what is major:

#Everytyme Alt+Tab out and back into the game crashes. Also happens when Antivirus does something (message pops up etc.) iz punches me to the Desktop and I go back into the game, crash. Can live with that coz who alt+tabs out of the game when you want to play it, right?

#When my Ship/Other Ship rams into an object repeatedly, after 10+ tymes of hitting the object (sinking ship, rock, masts etc.) it crashes with Error on the *exe with mentiobing of "ships.dll" -> I think it is just that the Ship was about to go Out-of-Bounds by hitting an object and that caused a crash, or because the Ship was about to get launched haywire by slamming into a rock, nearly "sliding into" the object. I can live with that, coz you're not supposed to ram other ships or slam into rocks till your men are vomiting all over the starboard.

Minor:
#Sounds and Music are SO NOT TO MY LIKING! Imissed the old "Yo-ho-hoooo!"-Music in the Pirate Village, the soft tune in the "Deck"-Intro sequence and totally dislike the new Song for Sailing/Battle (I think it was) which has a Bass-Guitar start at about 3 Secs into the song is just too modern for my liking. It's a nice tune and I might play it on my bass someday soon, but meh. Problem solved: WinMerge revealed that everything in the old and new files (3.1.5 and 3.2.0) "music_alias.ini" was identical regarding "priority" and Stuff, put aside the difference in the new songs put in. Simple: Take said file from the 3.1.5 Release and you have it. Back to the "old" Music Style that is.

#Sounds Pt 2: Sometimes sailors voices like "I see a pennant!" or "Board 'em hard (or is it 'all'?)!!!" are cutting out/start too late (you only hear a slight "B" and then "...oard 'em haaard!", but: Winmerge showed no differences in the Files "sound_scheme" and *ini-Files, BUT: Putting the music file back to 3.2.0 solves this, weird enough :puzzled:

Tha's it, Lysop signing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back