• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crashes when i goto battle

flooter

Landlubber
I have put in the supermod and all the updates and thought everything was quite good but now whenever i try to fight another ship it crashes before loading. Any ideas?

Had you applied any other patches (official version 1.50 patch or any NoCD patch) before running the Supermod? Apparently it only works on an unmodified installation of AOP straight from the DVD with no other patches. It includes most of the bug-fixes from version 1.50 as well as the NoCD patch.

Had you run the game before installing Supermod? If so, did you keep the same saved game profile or start a completely new one?

Try loading a saved game from before it started crashing. Or copy the saved game folder to somewhere safe, uninstall and reinstall the game plus Supermod and updates, then copy the saved game folder back and try again.

I've had the game crash after installing Supermod plus all updates over a fresh installation from DVD, but not as consistent as always crashing before going into battle. Having said that, it's now taken to crashing consistently if I demand an enemy ship surrenders and he accepts. If I board the enemy and he surrenders, though, it's fine. I tried reinstalling from scratch and it made no difference, and as this game is rather well advanced, I'll live with not being able to demand surrenders for now...

Back