• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crew morale oddities

In several storylines i've encountered odd problems with crew suddenly turning to be treacherous without no reason :shrug - this doesn't happen in all storylines but in some like New Horizons and Assassin- they have food, rum and i pay them their salaries yet they start the mutiny easily- even if my reputation is good and leaderhip high. What other reasons there could be for mutiny and morale of the crew? This can be bug but also could be I forget something what these guys need to be happy- not even regular captures of ships keep them happy for long.....

well, you hogging all the gold will be a problem, for one (over one million, to be exact). as well as heavy casualties.

Do you have a LOT of money yourself? Then they're probably envious of that. Switch to "divide the plunder" mode and things should improve.

....and one thing i've noticed with the 'logs on' is the time at sea read out can vary all over the place, one moment it can be 2 days, the next it can be 35 days etc. This might just be my recollection being wrong, but i'm pretty sure i've seen this. Not that i've noticed it effect morale directly, but i've seen quite quick increases in morale while at sea, say starting from game start at average and in a day or two's sailing in the world map they will be happy etc. I wonder why they have such sudden mood swings?

I don't think it's the money- i transfer my personal wealth to "crew money" anyway since that is what's used to purchasing goods etc isn't that so?

Crew morale also tends to drop very very rapidly-

and then this wounded/healed crewmembers -thing after battle makes no sense at all - many times i have a message 0 wounded crewmembers- 12 healed 0 died for gangrene '12 healed' while there were no wounded crewmembers at all? :rolleyes: in bad situation it says 0 wounded crewmembers- 6 healed, 6 died for gangrene or so...... makes no sense to have no wounded and still people dying- there is something really wrong in that coding- but i keep medications with me so usually no one dies for gangrene but no one seems to get wounds either xD:

I think sometimes i have had wounded crew but usually it says "0 wounded" what can be reason for such an odd message?

Its money at all, personal wealth and 'crew' money doesnt come into it... over 1,000,000 and they will get annoyed (its not very piratey)

With the crewmembers it may just be that they are all now healed, so there is 0 wounded left :shrug

Its money at all, personal wealth and 'crew' money doesnt come into it... over 1,000,000 and they will get annoyed (its not very piratey)

With the crewmembers it may just be that they are all now healed, so there is 0 wounded left :shrug
Haha so they are annoyed about having the money :blink: xD: That must be it then- they have too much money- every time i pay their salaries they are immediately annoyed- so these guys don't want to have a lot of money :diomed:
I guess i just use all extra money for rum then :rumgone - or should i not pay their salaries if that annoys them?

this could make bit more sense in upcoming mods guys :cheers
i thought many became pirates because they wanted a lot of money.....

and I think 'wounded crewmembers' also could make more sense- now it sounds bizarre "no one is hurt in the first place but still they can heal or die for gangrene".... odd

Haha so they are annoyed about having the money :blink: xD: That must be it then- they have too much money- every time i pay their salaries they are immediately annoyed- so these guys don't want to have a lot of money :diomed:
I guess i just use all extra money for rum then :rumgone - or should i not pay their salaries if that annoys them?

this could make bit more sense in upcoming mods guys :cheers
i thought many became pirates because they wanted a lot of money.....

On the F2 screen if you have over 1,000,000 in the crew money ( the money you carry about and use to buy things ) then morale will drop quickly & crew will mutiny :yes

This is because you are carrying all the money and not sharing it with the crew - ( they don't trust their capt. that much :cheeky )

To avoid mutiny - either use the share the plunder option to pay your crew - or store most of the money in the captains cabin chests and the crew will remain happy - they just don't trust you if you are carrying all their money arround with you all the time ( perhaps they think you might get robbed and loose all their hard won treasure ).

:drunk

The wounded crewmember numbers are indeed the number of wounded crewmembers AFTER the daily amount being healed.
So you could indeed have 0 wounded if all the wounded were healed in the previous day.
You can check the wounded crewmembers in the F2>Ship interface straight after a sea battle and then compare with the daily log messages.

Note that to heal the wounded crewmembers, you need the medications GOODS and not the ITEMS.
If you have any further comments on that mod, please let me know; Pirate_KK wrote most of the code for it and I changed the numbers to sort-of make sense.
However, I never tested it very extensively so comments would be welcome.

Back