• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Crew salary estimates are wrong

Both estimated pay and the value accumulated in CrewPayOwed are roughly correct (there is a little discrepancy that I haven't yet figured out).
That discrepancy was due to lack of floating arithmetic in DoDailyCrewPay. Adding one makefloat and a couple of point-zeros made the numbers match exactly.

@Pieter Boelen, I now have a version of CharacterUtilite with the most glaring bugs fixed and CrewPayOwed/GetEstimatedCrewPay/GetRaiseMoraleCost all made to use the same underlying routine. Tell me, if you want this version for a release or something. Otherwise I'd like to do more testing and a ... khm... little... cleanup here and there, and that can take another couple of days.

That discrepancy was due to lack of floating arithmetic in DoDailyCrewPay. Adding one makefloat and a couple of point-zeros made the numbers match exactly.
Ah, that explains a lot! Thanks for catching AND figuring out what was wrong! :woot

@Pieter Boelen, I now have a version of CharacterUtilite with the most glaring bugs fixed and CrewPayOwed/GetEstimatedCrewPay/GetRaiseMoraleCost all made to use the same underlying routine. Tell me, if you want this version for a release or something. Otherwise I'd like to do more testing and a ... khm... little... cleanup here and there, and that can take another couple of days.
Please post anything you already have; at @Levis' request, I was planning to make another EXE installer tonight, so it would be nice to already include something.
But don't let that stop you from continuing your further work. ;)

Here.

This version has also cost of repair in GetHullPPP/GetSailPPP increased to prevent free repair of tier 8 ships. I've played with this change for a couple of days and it doesn't seem to cause any additional problems. Still I'm not sure if that's a proper solution: it might make repairing highest tier ships too expensive.

Attachments

• CharacterUtilite.zip
    29 KB · Views: 53
You're welcome. :cheers
There still remains some code elsewhere that insists on calculating salary its own way. Berthing for sure, maybe something else. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Back