• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Planned Feature Crew Weapons on Ship Gun Decks

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
:wp

Playing Jack Sparrow - I just walked around the Black Pearl looting the chests when I noticed that the weapons on some of the crew on the gun decks were spades,shovels, and axes, instead of swords. ( see images )

I have just used the jump Start to play Sao Fengs Missing Bodyguards - so there are no weapons in the weapons Locker. :shrug

But I have not seen the crew armed with these before ( at least not recently - since these were removed as weapons a couple of versions ago - Beta 3?).

The Save is in Port after going ashore -you can use it to go back to the ship and some of the the crew will be armed with Spades etc.

:treasure:

Attachments

• PotC JS Ship Crew_1.jpg
    PotC JS Ship Crew_1.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 172
  • PotC JS Ship Crew_2.jpg
    PotC JS Ship Crew_2.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 159
  • PotC JS Ship Crew_3.jpg
    PotC JS Ship Crew_3.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 179
  • PotC JS Ship Crew_4.jpg
    PotC JS Ship Crew_4.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 161
  • error_SC.log
    2.4 KB · Views: 153
  • compile_SC.7z
    165.6 KB · Views: 146
  • -=Player=- Turks.7z
    489.7 KB · Views: 148
  • system_SC.log
    92.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Different types of crew are generated in different ways and armed in different ways too.
There are:
1. Boarding crew, generated in the boarding code and armed from the Weaponslocker
2. Shore crew, pre-initialized at the start of the game, used to be manually equipped, but now automated by @Jack Rackham; these DON'T use the Weaponslocker
3. Deck crew, randomly generated in a different part of the code and auto-equipped similar to other NPCs

In this case, we're dealing with option #3 and as far as I'm aware, those can still get Spades and Pickaxes.
I don't remember ever disabling that and also cannot find evidence in the code that is indeed meant to be prevented.
Which isn't to say that it shouldn't be done, because it doesn't make all that much sense. :facepalm

I also may have discovered why you're seeing them now, but not before. Apparently those weapons are set to nation PIRATE.
Since you ARE now a Pirate but probably never were before, that might explain it.

It doesn't actually influence the game though, since these guys should never get into any fights.
Except if you ask them about some fencing practise, that is....

This moved as marked as "Planned Feature Request".
It does make sense to get this in line with either the boarding crew OR the shore crew.

I think the deck crew is created through PROGRAM\LandEncounters\LEnc_monsters.c

Back