• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Crewmembers cause crash everytime they enter combat

Kulizma

Landlubber
Hi, I'm running the latest installation, build 14 from May 21st, and playing the standard Nathaniel Hawk storyline. The game has been working beautifully so far and I've played for hundreds of hours with minimal issues or crashes. However, I've ran into an issue in the last few days where any crewmember I ask to come help me on land causes a crash the instant they engage into combat. This feature has been working perfectly fine with no issues until a few days ago so I'm puzzled as to what is causing it. I haven't changed any settings so it's hard to rule anything as the culprit.

I tried sending crew back to minimize numbers but figured out that even 1 crewmember will still always cause a crash the moment they engage in combat. I tried to dismiss all of them and get a new batch of crew, but still the same issue. I previously had no issue with 10 crew + 3 officers on land but now i can't even take a single crewmember with me (officers still work fine).

I scrolled through the log files and found a few things pointing to crewmembers but its all gibberish to me. Maybe somebody here can point out the issue/fix? I don't really need all the extra crew, but its fun to sometimes put them up against a raid of soldiers or pirates and have massive battles :p

Attachments

• error.log
    463 bytes · Views: 211
  • system.log
    374 bytes · Views: 200
  • compile.log
    9 KB · Views: 205
  • -=Kulizma=- QuickSave 57.rar
    773.5 KB · Views: 177
Try deleting the file "options" which you'll find at the top level of the game installation (the same place as those log files). Sometimes that file gets corrupted and when it does, various odd things can happen.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try loading an earlier savegame from a time when the crew could still fight without crashing the game. If that works, there may be a problem with your current savegame and you'll need to go back to that earlier one.

For clarity's sake, these are the crewmembers on shore, right?

Yes, the report mentions crewmembers asked to come help on land. ;)

There's also this from "compile.log":
Code:
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_1
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_2
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_3
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_4
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_5
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_6
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_7
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_8
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_9
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Treas_Crewmember_10
That either means they can't find a way to move or they haven't been spawned at all, which is odd, as the reported problem is only when the crew go into a combat. "Treas_Crewmember_*" are indeed the land crew, who are defined in "PROGRAM\Characters\init\TActors.c".

Yes, these are only crew asked to come help on shore. Boarding crew works perfectly fine. :walkplank

That either means they can't find a way to move or they haven't been spawned at all, which is odd, as the reported problem is only when the crew go into a combat. "Treas_Crewmember_*" are indeed the land crew, who are defined in "PROGRAM\Characters\init\TActors.c".

They move around zone to zone, island to island, interior to interior (except for certain interior cells, of course) and follow me around like normal. Its just that as soon as they pull out their swords to engage in combat, the game just crashes. :shrug

Have you tried loading an earlier savegame from a time when they could fight without crashing the game?

Just a silly question: Do they all still have weapons? Maybe the game gets confused if they don't...? o_O

Have you tried loading an earlier savegame from a time when they could fight without crashing the game?

I just tried out an older save from a while back and it does work, so I guess its just something wrong with my recent couple of saves :shrug

I made them all spawn with bread knives and still crashes, made them spawn with no swords, still crashes, made them spawn with no weapons or pistols, and it still crashes. I think its safe to say their weapons aren't the cause of the issue

This is the position they crash at every time. Arms raised mid air pulling out their weapon. Only takes 1 crew member to engage in combat to crash the game, even if none of the others are.

2db2161d25973058ec5c6ad2181925fb-jpg.jpg

Back