• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed CTD when trying to load a game when resurecting

Should I mention that when you die and start over you are stuck and need to hit F1 to get back into the game? This started happening within the last month.
So what exactly happens? You die and are NOT loaded to the main menu?
Or you get stuck after reloading to the tavern? Where exactly does that happen?
That problem may be related to the specific location where you die.

Other related thread:
Fixed - Merging "No Resurrection" Code | PiratesAhoy!

What happens is I die, get resurrected and go to the tavern room, restart and am stuck. I can not move until I hit F1 and go to the main menu and continue the game. Others have noticed this too.

What happens is I die, get resurrected and go to the tavern room, restart and am stuck. I can not move until I hit F1 and go to the main menu and continue the game. Others have noticed this too.
Just for the sake of it, I got myself "killed on purpose" three times in Kralendijk Port (Assassin storyline).
Died, couldn't open the main menu and after I got resurrected, the dialog with the "officiant" started and then I could continue just fine.

So.... not seeing a problem here....? :confused:

:shrug Maybe it's just my alleged memory getting things mixed up, but I do know that something happens to leave me stuck until I hit F1. It has happened several times in the last week.

It's not a big problem, just a minor irritation.

:shrug Maybe it's just my alleged memory getting things mixed up, but I do know that something happens to leave me stuck until I hit F1. It has happened several times in the last week.
I tried again, just to be sure. Got resurrected and could walk out of the tavern without a problem afterwards.

If this is indeed a bug, it must be an inconsistent one. Those are the worst, because if a bug cannot be properly replicated, fixing it is a pain indeed!

So I'm afraid there isn't much that can be done here for now.... :confused:

Can anyone confirm a problem with this? I was unable to notice anything wrong.... :unsure

Nobody reported this one in several months, so I'm calling it "Fixed".

Back