• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cuirass Pack

As previously mentioned, the cuirass pack includes new armour for various "Danielle" types. The armours all needed a bit of work, and here they are on "Daniell1":
dan1_A1.jpg dan1_A2.jpg dan1_A3.jpg

"Daniell1" already has armoured models in the game, so these particular models won't be going in. The only reason I used "Daniell1" is that I have a Photoshop file of her with all other armour types for "Danielle" models as separate layers - the ones I drew up for Helen Ardent and the ones I imported from GoF. It now has some more layers. What that means is that I can copy any set of armour from this file onto the texture of any other "Danielle" variant, save the result, and create armoured versions of that model with whichever sets of armour are wanted. (That's how I was able to armour Roxanne Lalliere easily - all the major work was already done in this "Daniell1" Photoshop file.)

So, does anyone have any preferences as to who gets this new armour? Or maybe keep it in reserve for a special quest character as and when needed. I could also upload the Photoshop file so anyone can put whatever armour they want onto whichever model they want.

Wow, that is SERIOUSLY DETAILED!

I was going to suggest Roxanne as character, but then I noticed you already mentioned that yourself.
Oopsie...

Roxanne is already armoured according to @Bartolomeu o Portugues' choices:
Armoured Danielles
Hmm... That gold armour really DOES scream "Roxanne" with that Fleur-de-Lis, doesn't it?

The main quest characters I remember based on this model are: the real Danielle, Roxanne and the Excise Agent in Jack Sparrow.
If you have several alternates of armour sets for them, I could imagine distributing those over all three so they're as different from each other as possible.

Danielle Greene uses the GoF armour without the gauntets and chainmail extensions. Roxanne Lalliere uses the GoF armour unmodified; she's @Bartolomeu o Portugues' character so if he wants her to use the new armour, I'll re-do her textures.

Susan Shaypen (Jack Sparrow's Excise agent) is not an officer for all that long so you don't get much chance to give her armour. She currently uses the "Daniell1" model, so if you do give her armour it will be the same as "Daniell1". Perhaps change her to use the "Daniell3" model, which looks a bit more respectable while still not being blatantly an officer of the law, and put the new armour onto that?

That's pretty good! And pretty pretty. :cheeky

If I recall, Susan Shaypen wasn't actually a pure evil character, so indeed that "all in black" outfit may not fit her character all that well.
Your suggestion looks good to me. :onya

Susan Shaypen isn't evil at all. She's an Excise agent on the trail of diamond smugglers and if you help her, you're well rewarded with some of the diamonds plus a piece of the treasure map. If you are evil then she'll make trouble for you. (Remember that this is early in the game when Captain Jack Sparrow is still supposed to be an honest merchant.)

As for Susan Shaypen's armour, she'll only get that if you give it to her while she's your officer - and because this is early in the game, you probably don't have any metal armour for yourself, let alone any spare to hand out to someone who won't be your officer for very long. However, next update is going to see her in the "Daniell3" outfit. And if you or any of your officers use that outfit, they'll use the new armour textures when they acquire armour.

Susan Shaypen isn't evil at all. She's an Excise agent on the trail of diamond smugglers and if you help her, you're well rewarded with some of the diamonds plus a piece of the treasure map. If you are evil then she'll make trouble for you. (Remember that this is early in the game when Captain Jack Sparrow is still supposed to be an honest merchant.)
All the more reason to swap her outfit for the more respectable one! :cheers

As for Susan Shaypen's armour, she'll only get that if you give it to her while she's your officer - and because this is early in the game, you probably don't have any metal armour for yourself, let alone any spare to hand out to someone who won't be your officer for very long. However, next update is going to see her in the "Daniell3" outfit. And if you or any of your officers use that outfit, they'll use the new armour textures when they acquire armour.
Sounds good to me.
Even if the model gets limited quest use, players can still appreciate it and its armour on their regular officers or if they get the outfit from the new game/tailor shop. :onya

I have made a swedish officer (with a cuirass) for 1700 - something. It's both for my quest use
and possible common use in a swedish colony. When making the talking head I noticed that Captaine Chevalle's
talking head had no hat. So I added one too.

h_captaine_chevalle_old.jpg h_captaine_chevalle.jpg h_offic_swe_18.jpg offic_swe_18.jpg

The idea was to make a swedish officer Heinrich Adolph Walter, an ancestor of mine.
When searching the internet for officers pictures of the right period I clicked a portrait and found Eric Casimir Trafvenfeldt.
That's Walter's brother-in-law!!! :shock

When making the talking head I noticed that Captaine Chevalle's
Wow, that really looks a lot better!
Especially with your comparison side-by-side, he almost looked naked without that hat of his. :shock

The idea was to make a swedish officer Heinrich Adolph Walter, an ancestor of mine.
When searching the internet for officers pictures of the right period I clicked a portrait and found Eric Casimir Trafvenfeldt.
You managed to find a picture THAT close to what you were looking for?
Holy crappaloni, that's some seriously good fortune!! :woot

I have made a swedish officer (with a cuirass) for 1700 - something. It's both for my quest use
and possible common use in a swedish colony. When making the talking head I noticed that Captaine Chevalle's
He certainly needs the hat. Without it, his talking head looks as though he's just tried to wash his hair with tar! So that's a definite improvement. :onya

Perhaps make an unarmoured base version of the Swedish officer, along with armoured variants with the different types of cuirass? Then you can assign and equip one of the armour types in his character definition. (Or in the story code, if he's to acquire the armour part way through the story.) If he's to be usable for other purposes in Swedish colonies, he's then not restricted to displaying one type of armour.

In this period the officers used at least a front plate. I think it was not just an armour but more the sign of an officer. Also the generals used an armour that most
corresponds to the simplest one we have in POTC. So I'll keep it as it is. Even if he doesn't get any bonus for the armour.

The main quest characters I remember based on this model are: the real Danielle, Roxanne and the Excise Agent in Jack Sparrow.
Helen Ardent doesn't like you very much just now. :p
helen_ardent_A3.jpg

But she already has her own armour set. She's also just reminded me that she's not the only quest lady you forgot. Sabine Matton already has an alternative outfit for when she joins you as an officer, and there are armour textures for her in the cuirass pack. Switching to TOOL because Sabine Matton's officer outfit is a composite (similar to "Fanielle", to get the face to match her original "towngirl1" outfit) and Animation View can't display composite models...
sabinem2_A1.jpg sabinem2_A2.jpg sabinem2_A3.jpg

Back