• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Culvern / carronade

ledhed

Freebooter
Storm Modder
I want to make a new type 24 lb cannon available in the ship yard .

I'd like to use the image for the Culvern 24 lb Bronze ..until I can skin my own.

I Know how to change the values and can place the text int init folder for the cannons ( copy the text make changes paste after the 24 lb iron cannons. ).

How do I make them appear in ship yards for sale ?

The easy way would be to just change the cannon stats ...but the anyone would have them...although you dont often find ships with 24 lb Iron culverns...or Iron cannon for that matter...I could just use the existing cannons and make text changes..

Seems like the cheap way to do it.

Any advice from the experts ?

I've already changed the start up stats for the black pearl mod....I gave the character the points needed to actually USE the ship...considering he is level ONE ....and its a 4th rate or third and comes with heavy penalties. for a level one Character.

They also have to be added to the program/scripts/shipupgrades.c file, that is where available ship upgrades are declared and delineated.

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=171568:date=Nov 15 2006, 05:52 AM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cap'n_Drow @ Nov 15 2006, 05:52 AM) [snapback]171568[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
They also have to be added to the program/scripts/shipupgrades.c file, that is where available ship upgrades are declared and delineated.

Cap'n Drow
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So I add this to the cannons_init right after the 24lb cannons

makeref(rCannon,Cannon[CANNON_TYPE_CARRONADE_LBS24]);
rCannon.type = CANNON_NAME_CANNON;
rCannon.name = "caliber24";
rCannon.picture = "cannons8";
rCannon.Sound = "cannon_fire";
rCannon.caliber = 24;
rCannon.ReloadTime = 90;
rCannon.Weight = 38;
rCannon.Cost = 285;
rCannon.FireAngMax = 0.60;
rCannon.FireAngMin = -0.35;
rCannon.TimeSpeedMultiply = 1.0;
rCannon.BigBall = 0;
rCannon.SizeMultiply = 1.0;
rCannon.HeightMultiply = 1.0;
rCannon.DamageMultiply = 6.2;
rCannon.hp = 115.0;
InitBaseCannons_CalcSpeedV0(&rCannon,790.0);

Now I must enter the same thing into the file scripts updates .. but I need an identifier becuse I changed the name to carronades...

Will the game recognize carronades as equipable ? on ships or do I have to change anything...on the ship init?

it would only be on those that could use 24 lbs ...but still.......wheeeee

ShipUpgrades[SHIP_CANNONS_UPGRADE_3].id = "cannons3";
ShipUpgrades[SHIP_CANNONS_UPGRADE_3].blastchance = 0.4;
ShipUpgrades[SHIP_CANNONS_UPGRADE_3].cost = 2000;
}
What do I change this to ? Or more likely what do I change and then add to the file ?

ShipUpgrades[SHIP_CANNONS_UPGRADE_3].id = "carronade3";
ShipUpgrades[SHIP_CANNONS_UPGRADE_3].blastchance = 0.3;
ShipUpgrades[SHIP_CANNONS_UPGRADE_3].cost = 2850;

before I'll guess I have to add something to the c file and the h file in the cannons folder.

Sorry for all the dumb questions but I am as I said NEW to this...at least this game and I wish I had more time to just try stuff out but...this whole life and work crap keep screwing with me ...

case 24:
return CANNON_TYPE_CArronade_LBS24;
break;

add to c file...

I cant figure out what to do with the h file...

Make carronades 13 ?

I dont see how to make the (_3) anyplace.

I really appreciate your help .

I think you do need to make additional changes elsewhere, but I'm not sure just which files need what. I'm only learning the code myself as well, been concentrating on the modeling side, so we can add completely new ships. Having a helluva time getting my model skinned though...

Anyhow, there is quite a bit to adding things. That much I know. As to exactly what all needs to be done where, that I am still learning myself. **grins**

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=171696:date=Nov 15 2006, 11:48 AM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cap'n_Drow @ Nov 15 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]171696[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I think you do need to make additional changes elsewhere, but I'm not sure just which files need what. I'm only learning the code myself as well, been concentrating on the modeling side, so we can add completely new ships. Having a helluva time getting my model skinned though...

Anyhow, there is quite a bit to adding things. That much I know. As to exactly what all needs to be done where, that I am still learning myself. **grins**

Cap'n Drow
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I tried changing all the files...didnt work...game wouldn't load.

Eventualy I'll get it I just need to read all the files a bit more ...its not that easy to add anything...like I got a " musket " as a prize for winning a ship ...but it was a blank picture and doesn't appear in the inventory of Items....unless its the Duelist dream...someone is calling a Musket ?

Wimnning a English Brig ...the Game wont even recognize it if you go into a shipyard...no picture for it. But it can be repaired if the Capatain is you.

Lots to discover about this game...I spent more time in the files today than I did playing the game .

Hi guys I finally registered, though I have been following these forums since I bought AOP.
I wanted to point something out that I dont think anyone has noticed yet.
With the english brig and the musket and other things that are added from the mod with no small picture, if you click on the blank picture instead of the arrow to go to the next thing it will allow you to select it, for sale or equipping in the case of the musket for example. Sometimes you have to click twice to get it to go to it but it does work.

I have figured out how to get some of the icons to display, but it takes editing several files, and it makes the game crash more often. So, I'm still trying to trace exactly what is going on. Once I've got the info down pat, I'll post up info on how to fix the item pics, and what else needs to be done.

Cap'n Drow

Back