• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

curse gameplay idea

hardos

Landlubber
Hi,

I have some ideas runnin around the aztec curse:

when we have the aztec compas in any storyline, we have the ability to find isla muerte.
It could be interesting to have the possibility to take the cortez treasure and so get cursed adding followings gameplay options:

1-The days we look normal, but the night we look like a skeleton.
1.1 if you fight the day and you loose, you wake up in your ship the night (with curse we are supposed to be immortal but it is to have the possibility to loose fight at days).

1.1 if you fight the night you are unvulnerable (you can't loose)

1.2 the day people react normally seing you but the night as skeleton, people in the streets fear you and the townguards attack you (except in pirate settlement where they don't fear anything due to rhum excess)

1.3 the night when you enter a building you look like normal and no skeleton (remember that the appearance is for the outside due to the moon), so you can go in tavern at night without affraid anybody.

1.4 the curse is available for your crew so the night in the sea view we can see skeleton working on the ship (like when we see the black pearl for the first time in the stock game). If you walk outside with your officers and crewmembers they are skeletons as you.

2- add a new boarding option the night:
2.1 when you are in sea at night you will have a new boarding icon which will work at any distance of the ships

2.2 this board will be made by walking under the sea (we can use the video of the stockgame after defeated the pearl when we see the skeletons under the sea).

2.3 during the board curse function as usual: outside (deck for example) we are skeletons unvulnerable, inside (cannon deck or cabin we have normal appearance but still unvulnerable.

3- special storylines options
3.1 this new option can be combined with the JS quest: after the curse of the black pearl, when the davy jones quest (movie2) will be implement, we can have a parallel way to finish the quest which will be to get cursed in order to have the skeltons crew fighting the davy jones crew (I always wonder to see that in movies) in an evil fight.

3.2 Idon't know all the other storylines but any idea running around this new gameplay is welcome.

I think that this new option can be "easy" to implement because: skeletons design already exists, video already exist, it is just modify some capacity like to be unvulnerable depending of the day time, etc.

I have some notion in C++ and generally I know about coding. But I have not enough time to learn how the game is globally build and how to modify it without crashing all the game :shrug . And I think that for the great modders we have here it could be feasable better than if I try to do it myself :nk :modding

Any suggestion or comments about that idea are welcome

This idea has already been thrown around and we agree its a good one but not as easy as it sounds :no

Awesome indeed! Me wants Jack and Barbossa skeleton versions!!! :woot

Back