• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Customize interface?

Merciless Mark

Build mod - Master Gunner
Storm Modder
Trying to get back into the Build Mod, but the "Customize" option when starting a new game no longer seems to work?

It ended up replace with the new Select Storyline interface.
I do have some unfinished code for the real "Customize" interface, but haven't gotten it working in Build 14 Beta 2 yet.
I was actually talking with Armada the other day about giving this another shot.

Aaaah I see.
Personally Ive never been too big on storylines in Sail games, its always been about the ships and action for me and crafting my own character.
Hope to see the Interface return soon. :)

That will depend on luck; we haven't had it for years. Luck with me actually trying and luck with the amount of clicking involved not killing my hand. :facepalm

It's still possible to set up your character whichever way you want through code; if you're not sure how to do that, post here and we'll help. :doff

Thats true, though an interface is easier than editing the code every time one wants to try something new lol.

Btw, are all ships in game or are they tied to specific time periods?

Thats true, though an interface is easier than editing the code every time one wants to try something new lol.
Personally I find the console exceptionally easy to try new things especially since I don't even have to exit the game to make the changes take effect.
But that depends largely on how familiar you are with how it works, of course.

Btw, are all ships in game or are they tied to specific time periods?
All ships are initialized at all times, but their appearance is period-dependent. You can still give yourself a Steam Frigate in the Early Explorers period through code though.

PROGRAM\console.c is a file that is executed when you press F12. If you allow the game to run in fullscreen windowed mode, you can Alt+Tab in and out of the game.
You can then edit console.c to include whatever code you want and execute it on the fly. I use it all the time for getting ships, instant teleports, skipping to quest cases and much more.
It's a great tool, really.

Back