• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CVM3 ????

mrpirate101

Landlubber
i want to download the CVM3 but have been told it isnt just ready yet, is there an eta on the release and also is there a list of what been added to this new addition.

any info would be greatly appreciated

From the chatter that has been in other parts of the forums, I understand that CMV3 is set to be released at the end of the month. As for specifics as to what will be added to the mod, I do not know of anything for sure...so anything that i would post would do nothing but further rumours and quite possibly be wrong.

Not long to wait now, as soon as CMV3 is released as OP said the main page for the topic will be updated as will the topic name, I could go into detail on whats been added but then that takes away all the fun of installing and finding out, its nice to see so many people wanting to get there hands on the new mod and soon very soon that will happen. Unlike The Sims 3 there won't be a leaked version out. :rolleyes: Sorry. xD:

Seriously guys I have read in several places that it will be at the end of the month, it isnt the end of the month yet so please be patient

Seriously guys I have read in several places that it will be at the end of the month, it isnt the end of the month yet so please be patient
Like kids in a candy store...when they dont get thier allowence until the end of the week...

Which is also when the mod is coming out...lol

lols, your right firebat...kis in a candy store lol, i dont want the list then, let me find out the old fashioned way. theonly thing is do i have to refresh my install or can i simply copy over what have already.

Also is it illegal to take ship models from over games and put them here on this game

because i currently playing empire total war and it has great detailed ships.
if it is out of the question then never mind it just they did that with fallout 3, took crysis suit from the game and added it lol.

If the guys working on CMv3 take a leaf out of the Build Mod's book the release will have a list of changes and who did them accomping the download ;)

awsome, lokking forward to it.

im also trying to find ship plans that i can put into maya to work off to get a decent model, but cant find and decent well done plans that give the basic shape and are a decent size

anyone know any sites for that sort of thing

I don't have Empire Total War so i don't know about those ships and i don't know if those ships will have copy right laws on them. :shrug

CMV3 will be an EXE, so all you have to do is click install and follow the on screen commands, once installed you'll be able to update ship stats, cannon stats, store iteam's etc without having to start a new game thanks to the reinit button added by Ashley. However there is a catch to the ships and cannons been updated, your ship and the gund it has mounted will keep the original value's if you unmount the guns before using the reinit button then those guns will be updated too. The ship(s) in your fleep however will alway's keep the same stats so to have the new stats you would have to purchase or capture the ship again. That means unique ships like the Bluebird, Flying Dutchmen etc will keep the same stats since you can only capture them once and will never be generated in battles or at sea again. The reinit button will not update all changes made to every file just yet but in time all files that require new games to be started will have the reinit fuction added. :onya

Empire Ships do look detailed , while current AOP ships are rather watered down most of them at list . I have been looking around for graphic mods for this game without much luck so far , must take advantage of my hardware.

pgargon has been working on this, i think he's been trying to reduce the amount of resources the ships pull from your harware, so far the work has been focused around the base game ships. But perhaps when he has spare time he'll work on some of the ships ported over. I don't know what his plans are but the work he's doing is very appreciated and is added to CMV3. :onya

yeah the dude really out does himself, i recently downloaded and installed his hms victory and if he ever reads this topic i just want to say that i appreciate his hard work and attention to detail. as you know im from britain and have visited the ship twice over the last year. so i just want to say thanks and keep up the great work your doing.

also the reinit button sounds like a great achievment, now i dont lose what i have done because of new mods lol, really great work all of you.
and im also trying to design a little something for you all to enjoy and will keep you updated on the progress of my first mod.

An just a side note, just because it has been stated that the cm v3 mod will be released at the end of the month, doesnt mean it will be released April 30th at 12:00am

An just a side note, just because it has been stated that the cm v3 mod will be released at the end of the month, doesnt mean it will be released April 30th at 12:00am

That is correct. So far we are on schedule for release on April 30th, but I can not give an exact time because all of us on the team operate on different schedules. When you see the CoAS CM thread title updated, you'll know its out.

Lucky for some, i'm far to busy testing other things out. I keep dropping in every 10 or so minutes though. xD:

Back